Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Keeping track of donations in guild,
I personally like the idea, I'm the lowest IOU scored individual in my guild, but at the deepest depth of the mine. Why should someone's level and IOU get to be displayed but not their stone contributions? How else as a miner am I suppose to show how bad-A I am? Sure when I donate 60k stone at once when a new building comes out the guild chat gets flooded, but for the rest of the time I look completely inactive and far under leveled. I'm always for more information tracked and displayed over less. Could someone use that information to make a bad decision sure. But they can be a jerk regardless of the information being there or not.
(07-28-2015, 03:56 PM)itsme Wrote: Personally if I was in a guild with a leader that would kick me merely for not donating my stone right away I'd rather know about it right now than later on down the road.

Other than that, I'd just like to see how much everyone has donated. It spurs on competitiveness for one and gives you an idea of how much people can donate, so if you think someone is holding out for more buildings to be added and you are too, but you think it'd be more worth it to upgrade one of the released buildings, which is only possible with another's help you're more likely to notice someone hoarding if you can keep an eye on how much they donate.

Of course, I'd just like to be able to see the numbers for myself as well. It seems that this idea isn't too popular though. Sad

I am also in favor of more information.  I see this working out in one of three ways.

1) Individual statistics only.  Each user can only see how much they have individually donated and to what buildings, maybe a timeline of when they donated as well.

2) Guild-wide statistics
    a. If we're concerned about kicking low-donating members, then it could be anonymous (1st: 100k donated, 2nd: 80k...etc)
    b. Maybe connected to the "info" button to come, you can see how many stones that user currently has (in case of saving), how many stones they've donated to which buildings, and a message that user can write to the rest of the members ("saving for new building", or "Hi everyone looking forward to playing with y'all)

3) No new information about stones and it remaining the way it does (which I really hope it doesn't)

Personally, I'm also curious to see how much i've donated since i started playing, as well as how much the other members have donated/have been saving.
Why not make it so only each user can see how much they've donated. This should satisfy their curiosity.

Then, you can make it so Guild Creators/Leaders can see how much wood/stone every member has, but not how much they've given.
I just want to point out for those of you who are curious as to how much you've donated in total to your guild you can figure it out. You have to use your guild upgrade points to do it (you get 1 per 1k stone donated)

http://iourpg.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Upgrades

Use the wiki page to see how much each level is and find out how many points you've put towards each upgrade, then add in what yu currently have and, ta-da, you now know how many k of stone you've donated.

Of course this information being easier to see could be helpful.
(07-31-2015, 11:31 AM)itsme Wrote: I just want to point out for those of you who are curious as to how much you've donated in total to your guild you can figure it out. You have to use your guild upgrade points to do it (you get 1 per 1k stone donated)

http://iourpg.wikia.com/wiki/Guild_Upgrades

Use the wiki page to see how much each level is and find out how many points you've put towards each upgrade, then add in what yu currently have and, ta-da, you now know how many k of stone you've donated.

Of course this information being easier to see could be helpful.

Thanks. lol 800,000 stone. Doesn't seem like much compared to some guild mates though.
How about instead of displaying how much each member has donated overall, show how much people have donated to a building level when it's completed? If we're worried about members being kicked for not donating, then the top percentages that add up to 50%+ could be the only values shown. So if one member donated 51%, their name would be the only one shown. Also, perhaps the people on this list could get some sort of reward split between the # of members. I think its only fair that people contributing more to upgrading the guild bonuses get some sort of compensation for their efforts, instead of the same reward the rest of the guild gets. This reward could perhaps come from guild gold donation, and would be a good way for non-miners to recognize the miners in the guild.
(07-29-2015, 03:36 AM)Kedirech Wrote: I personally like the idea,  I'm the lowest IOU scored individual in my guild, but at the deepest depth of the mine.  Why should someone's level and IOU get to be displayed but not their stone contributions?  How else as a miner am I suppose to show how bad-A I am?  Sure when I donate 60k stone at once when a new building comes out the guild chat gets flooded, but  for the rest of the time I look completely inactive and far under leveled.  I'm always for more information tracked and displayed over less.  Could someone use that information to make a bad decision sure.  But they can be a jerk regardless of the information being there or not.

this

Personally I think a lot of people are just being paranoid. I have never played an mmo where guld contributions weren't guild knowledge
Andez - Click Heroes
(08-05-2015, 01:16 AM)Andez Wrote: Personally I think a lot of people are just being paranoid. I have never played an mmo where guld contributions weren't guild knowledge

No but I have played a lot of MMO's where guilds kick people who don't or can't help a certain amount just so they can replace them with someone who can and will. I'm not sure Ray wants that kind of attitude, but putting this in will likely cause that to happen. You can already see it with the larger guilds as they won't allow certain people in who aren't at least so high in score. If people really want to pay a resource tax to their guild consistently, then by all means add it in.