Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Keeping track of donations in guild,
It would be great if there was counter to keep track of the stone donations, to determine who is not donating Smile
Added to list, thanks!
Why you gotta hate on low donations for? This thread reminds me of another thread regarding this same topic.
I do see a slight problem with this in that people may start kicking for some users not donating as much. I myself have a ton of stone saved up and am just waiting for more buildings to invest most of it. Some might see that as a lack of participation.
(07-27-2015, 02:13 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: I do see a slight problem with this in that people may start kicking for some users not donating as much. I myself have a ton of stone saved up and am just waiting for more buildings to invest most of it. Some might see that as a lack of participation.

Yeah, and guess what happens now if you get kicked with all of those hoarded stone. That's right, they go to waste...well 2,000 of them can be used but the rest goes to waste. Once a leader becomes a dictator, and demands donations where they say, things might end up badly, if this suggestion take hold.
(07-27-2015, 02:19 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote:
(07-27-2015, 02:13 PM)FadedSentry Wrote: I do see a slight problem with this in that people may start kicking for some users not donating as much. I myself have a ton of stone saved up and am just waiting for more buildings to invest most of it. Some might see that as a lack of participation.

Yeah, and guess what happens now if you get kicked with all of those hoarded stone. That's right, they go to waste...well 2,000 of them can be used but the rest goes to waste. Once a leader becomes a dictator, and demands donations where they say, things might end up badly, if this suggestion take hold.

Well, I can't personally be kicked as I'm the creator. =p

However, thinking about it that may also mean a lack of my members donating if they think I am not. While I never force users to donate, I don't want them to not do so because of me saving mine.

So honestly, I'm pretty against this idea.
this is a double-edged sword and mostly comes down to personal preference

Guilds are supposed to be more than just a group. Everyone gives something to the guild and receives something. Both aspects have many and very different options.
What can you give to the guild:
 * Knowledge
 * Help lower members
 * Atmosphere (e.g. just by talking much in the guild chat)
 * Stones

What can you get from the guild:
 * Knowledge
 * Help with progress
 * Boosts (Buildings and Upgrades)

What you don't want are leechers who just join a guild, take everything but do not give anything back. I'd be perfectly fine with a member who does not contribute a single stone but instead helps everyone and is present and talkative in the guild chat. Same the other way around. Contributing stones but not much else would be ok for me, although I'd favour the other extreme.
Adding this information would help to identify contributing members that are not that present in the chat.
On the other hand guild masters may force members to contribute stones.

I do not see this as a huge problem though. Guilds have different goals. 
A very competitive guild who wants to be number one may force contributions. But every member of such a guild probably has a mindset which is ok with doing that because it fits the guild goal.
Other guilds who are not that competitive probably won't force contributions. I know several guilds who just level up buildings without a system. Everyone just invests where he likes. These guilds are very unlikely to then force contributions
"Sir, we are surrounded" - "Excellent, then we can attack in all directions!"
You went into more details and directions then I had anticipated. What about it simply being put, tracking individual progression? How many stones have I donated? It is also useful for determining activity level. Yes of course, with different guilds, different goals, but even from a casual perspective, the ability to track individual progression in relation others in the guild is useful.

If you are kicked from the guild because you are not donating stones, how likely is it that you are merely kicked for being an inactive player?
(07-28-2015, 06:09 AM)rulik Wrote: You went into more details and directions then I had anticipated. What about it simply being put, tracking individual progression? How many stones have I donated? It is also useful for determining activity level. Yes of course, with different guilds, different goals, but even from a casual perspective, the ability to track individual progression in relation others in the guild is useful.

If you are kicked from the guild because you are not donating stones, how likely is it that you are merely kicked for being an inactive player?

Not as likely as you think. As I said in my situation, I am a Guild Creator but am not contributing because I am waiting for more buildings to be added. I am obviously not inactive. You can see inactiveness by how long it's been since a person was online, you don't need donation count to see that.
Personally if I was in a guild with a leader that would kick me merely for not donating my stone right away I'd rather know about it right now than later on down the road.

Other than that, I'd just like to see how much everyone has donated. It spurs on competitiveness for one and gives you an idea of how much people can donate, so if you think someone is holding out for more buildings to be added and you are too, but you think it'd be more worth it to upgrade one of the released buildings, which is only possible with another's help you're more likely to notice someone hoarding if you can keep an eye on how much they donate.

Of course, I'd just like to be able to see the numbers for myself as well. It seems that this idea isn't too popular though. Sad