Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game freezing during certain events
Well as I said, if I click the tree/mine slowly then it will not disconnect. It only happens when I'm clicking really fast. At this point, I don't think the problem is just with the game because obviously there are plenty of people using auto clickers that click way faster than I do and no one else seems to be having this problem. However, I really do need to figure this out so I can do group challenges again without getting kicked out. =/
Yeah, regardless of the cause, we need to find a solution. Keep trying to grab those /status logs for Ray.

Have you tried another browser, or an updated (or older...) version of flash?
Interesting - no need for /status logs actually at this point, it seems you're still connected when this occurs.

That being said, it really seems like a networking issue at this point. I don't know if it's your router, isp, server, etc, however it appears that too many packets at once cause the entire connection to get completely filtered out. Do you have an active firewall (OS-based, firewall in your router, etc)?
I have the most updated version of flash, but I suppose I can try and older one. First though, I'll try it on Chrome and IE and see if it still does it. Will have to wait a while on that so my tree clicks can build back up though.

As for a firewall, I do have a firewall built into my router, but I've had this router for a couple months and this problem has only been going on the past 2 weeks or so.

The only changes I've made at all in the past 2 weeks were...

1. I accidentally deleted a couple registry keys........this has had some rather annoying side effects but I have no idea how to fix it.
2. I removed my old flash player and upgraded to the new one.

I don't know if either of those 2 things could be the cause of it but, those are the only changes I've made to my setup in the past couple weeks.
If it's connection stuff then ignore everything I've said and troubleshoot from Ray's post.

Until the cause is nailed down, you could lower your key repeat rate to right below the disconnect threshold. Search for "adjusting key repeat rate" or along those lines, and lower the numbers a bit at a time until you can't reproduce the problem.

Set a toggle if that rate is too low for everyday usage.
Yeah I can't say anything with full certainty, but the fact that it's occurring when spam-like actions occur, it definitely seems to be the case. I've had this type of issue from torrenting in the past, where the spam of packets flooded my router and caused random apps to not be able to receive packets....and i'm not even talking hundreds of connections, just too many packets for the router to handle.

I bought a new router (i'm not suggesting this! unless you end up with problems on other apps as well), and never had the issue again.

That being said it could be the OS, flash, the browser, firewall / AV, who knows! But all facts presented to us, it definitely seems like packet flooding is preventing the game from working correctly on your end.

There are things I can do personally to improve this as well, but unfortunately I definitely don't have time to hop on these solutions this week. I'll bring them up anyways:

1. Disallowing further packet sending on Mining/Woodcutting until the response from the first chop/dig is returned. Ping-Pong, instead of Ping x20, Pong x20 back. It will slow the speed of tradeskilling down based on a user's connection speed, but could rectify this issue completely.
2. Parties could be on a timer for responded attacks, built up into a queue and send in intervals. Instead of receiving packets of each attack instantly, there would be, say, a 1/10th of a second queue, which would send all the attacks that have occurred up to that point in a single packet.

I already intended on setting up #2 for the future for 10 to 40+ player battles, so it's just a matter of time before this gets implemented.
Well just don't give yourself more work on my account. =/

BTW, I did try this in Chrome this moring and it froze as well. So I think I can safely say it's not the web browser. I'm also 99% sure it's not the router or my AV either as this problem just suddenly came up and those 2 have not changed since I started the game.
Status update on this...

I am no longer having the freezing problem, although I'm not 100% sure why.

I recently updated to the latest flash player so I'm assuming that's what did it. But just in case, are there any changes you made that might have affected it?
Actually no I didn't...huh, the older chrome flash player being the problem?....Now i'm very lost :-p
Oh, sorry. I guess I didn't word that the best.

Basically what happened is you had made an update to the game, and before I checked to see if that fixed anything I updated flash player on Firefox. After doing so, the freezing problem was gone, so I didn't know which of the 2 fixed it.