Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection issues
So this morning I had it again. One character was DCed and the other had the "Disconnecting ..." message. The DCed one had rested time, the other one not.

When I went to bed I was in a party. Not the host.

To me it seems that this happens during the day change. That's how I perceive it.
During the week I leave the house shortly before the ingame clock changes the day and when I come back I made nearly no progress.
When I am simply away for several hours without a date changing it works mostly fine.

EDIT:
Could it help when the daily reward message only pops up after relogging?
I've seen something similar. If I leave my computer at work logged in when I head home, I cant log in at home until after the date change. Probably related in that the day change kicks my other client
Zieg asked Chatzy to choose between work and play iourpg. Chatzy chose: play iourpg
I've made changes just today in hopes to assist in resolving these intermittent connection issues further.

Unfortunately instances cannot actually communicate with each other, and a medium storage has to be used for communication, and it can be difficult to do perfected integrity checks to ensure two instances are not running at any point in time. There's been problems with ghost instances; server instances that are still running, but I can't even see them, close them, stop them, etc that continue processing a player as they are left behind. This is pretty rare, but it can be difficult knowing whether that is the ongoing issue for some players, or if it's just an issue in the integrity checks.

Part of the problem is out of my control (between goofy instances, end-user intermittent connectivity, dns routing issues, etc), the other is a problem with the work around methods. This is an ongoing thing, and I intend to keep working on it until it's as stable as possible, but the reports recently are very helpful as to what areas I can start covering and improving.

I hate seeing so many people with the connection issues, hence why I wrote the topic about not just telling me, "I got disconnected twice!", because all that does is frustrate both of us, but with the details as of late, I can actually work towards finding the issue that I personally haven't been able to reproduce through test accounts or on the development cluster.

Ray
Well here my problems leaving a party , finish or un-finished a challenge lead me to double d/c *connect from other instance > reconnect > 1st scenerio infinity connect 2nd scenerio can connect but d/c due to log in somewhere and wait 60s . Plz fix fast Ray this is :| not good
Are people still have issues after completing a challenge?

Keep the reports coming with occurrences, i'm working diligently on this issue and would like to clean it up as much as possible before the next major update. As usual, running an open (unnamed) test account in the game, grouping with others, I haven't lost connection since the last update, so these issues unfortunately are entirely up to reports.
I got disconnected a lot after doing challenges today, or it was just freezing in a challenge screen. Our group even got disbanded during a ragestone challenge which was quite lame after all the effort we had put into it...
FYI

Was still logged in with both characters this morning. So no disconnect by starting a new game.

Sometimes there are still disconnects after a chalenge is finished.
Now i have this connection where appear a lot lately like whenever i just log in and join a party i immediately disconnect due to log in elsewhere and it really bugged me off a lot , so is it a known bug or i just have bad connection ? *try at home , at work , at internet all the same *
Ray could i asked if the server is stable ? cause i get A TONS of connected from another instace when i join in a party and it keep make me disconnected and this really make me wanna throw my pc out of the window plz fix this connection stuff soon
Having similar problems with the connection. Mostly when I leave a party/instance. Also notice that the whole guild appear offline where im leader in while i have second character who is also in same guild and see people online including me.