Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Autofish options
I was actually just about to make a new suggestion regarding this but since you have this one open, I'll post it here.

I think a better option is to have a minimum average level. Keep the current implementation, but provide this as an alternative option. So you can toggle between the two.

Pros and Cons of each...

Minimum base rarity:
  • Pros: guaranteed to never catch low rarity fish, decent increase in likelihood of catching higher rarity fish.
  • Cons: odds of catching highest rarity fish doesn't increase by much, pools containing several high-rarity fish are ignored if any lower rarity fish are present, much much slower rate of catching fish as the set rarity increases.
Minimum average rarity:
  • Pros: greater likelihood of catching higher/highest rarity fish, much faster rate of catching fish (with more eligible pools to catch from).
  • Cons: chance to catch low-rarity fish, lower odds of catching fish above the desired threshold (as set by minimum base rarity) -- this just means if you set min-rarity to 8, you'd have a higher chance of catching rarity 8+ fish using the base rarity option vs using the average rarity option.
Minimum average rarity provides much greater flexibility in the types of pools people will fish from. Depending on the player's settings, it would help insure that if any low-rarity fish are present, a really high-rarity fish must also be there to balance it. This should make it more likely that higher-rarity fish are caught than the current implementation (which doesn't care at all about there being fish above the min-threshold). The current implementation makes it very unlikely for me to catch the highest rarity fish I can (so much so that my Taxidermist level for that fish is several levels lower than the fish that's just 1 rarity below it).

P.S. Please allow me to use the Catch button even if I have auto-fishing set. If I'm watching the game while auto-fishing and I see I pool I want to catch from, I shouldn't have to disable auto-fishing to do it.

Messages In This Thread
Autofish options - recentteen14 - 07-14-2016, 08:28 AM
RE: Autofish options - FadedSentry - 07-14-2016, 11:50 AM
RE: Autofish options - Segan - 07-14-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: Autofish options - Brouwer - 07-14-2016, 01:49 PM
RE: Autofish options - Segan - 07-14-2016, 05:04 PM
RE: Autofish options - scottishrob13 - 07-14-2016, 09:17 PM
RE: Autofish options - Mythic - 07-15-2016, 01:28 AM
RE: Autofish options - FadedSentry - 07-15-2016, 01:55 AM
RE: Autofish options - Zathras - 07-15-2016, 02:15 AM
RE: Autofish options - Segan - 07-15-2016, 09:24 AM
RE: Autofish options - FadedSentry - 07-15-2016, 11:21 AM