Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
reverse scaling on exp and gold
Hello.

In epsilon,  I make around 700 gold with one group. No changes to upgrades, both other people are idle.
In Alpha, I make 1400 a drop with them.  I checked every planet and one room back in difficulty = -5 gold a drop.

No more multiple drops. Only a single drop per monster.
Exp is also fairly high in Alpha in the first room.

Series is broken- If I fail it will keep me going through until I refresh my browser.

I have refreshed multiple times. I'm not sure if this is happening to others, but this seems a little broken on my end. Have reported in game.

Example below:
snap of room one of alpha.
In gamma, room 11 - I make 1038 g per single drop. (no multiples.)
In Alpha, room 1 - I make 15-- + gold per single drop. (no multiples.)
Same group. Have refreshed multiple times. No upgrades to me or others. No changes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

That's because of how the gold/exp per monster and their HP scale. HP increases faster than gold/exp (formula is based on monster level), so the higher level the monster is, the less gold/exp per HP you will get. (this is harder to realize after the new offline/online system)

And what makes farming stronger monsters, which would in theory have worse gold/exp per time, is the respawn delay. (so if you're insta-killing monster, you'll spend most of your time just waiting for their respawn and it'll be better to move to a stronger monster)
(05-13-2016, 05:18 AM)Hipoo Wrote: That's because of how the gold/exp per monster and their HP scale. HP increases faster than gold/exp (formula is based on monster level), so the higher level the monster is, the less gold/exp per HP you will get. (this is harder to realize after the new offline/online system)

And what makes farming stronger monsters, which would in theory have worse gold/exp per time, is the respawn delay. (so if you're insta-killing monster, you'll spend most of your time just waiting for their respawn and it'll be better to move to a stronger monster)

So, drops for monsters 100 rooms in should offer 50% less gold -per kill-
than a monster in the first room and zone?
It will depend on your DPS.

Before the new gold/exp system, I think the best monsters were the ones with 1 level above a multiple of 25. (26, 51, 76, etc)

I don't know if that's still valid, but I'm just mentioning that killing the highest level monster you can is not always the best option to grind exp.