Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Match 3 Improvement
lol Ray thats the worse low rewarded event you ever make, spend 100 energy to get only 2k stones...., hope this even end soon
It's very disappointing that Ray has been nowhere to be seen since the event was released. Most people today will have stone unlocked on the board which turns it into a match making hell. No one is finishing event, or even coming close. It's pointless and aggravating to have an event that can't be completed. Although, Ray's usual habit is "release an event, wait for people to complain, then release an overkill nerf that makes event super easy". So here's to him coming back at some point and making it to where we get like 500 energy per day.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

I still say this is the best event that we've had so far. I don't think it's such a big problem that the rewards aren't very high, we've just been spoiled by having events that give out way too much.
(01-26-2016, 07:45 PM)MRZz Wrote: lol Ray thats the worse low rewarded event you ever make, spend 100 energy to get only 2k stones...., hope this even end soon

It can end right now. Just stop clicking. Or stop whining for the free stuff we are given.

The problem with the event is not low rewards, but too high point requirements for each level of the reward, and varying requirements across resources. Dynamite has much higher score/lvl.

There are few mistakes:

1. Score/lvl isn't equal. We are for instance forced to play with dynamite basically up to the end of the event.

2. The energy has to be claimed. The crutial part of obtaining even basic set of rewards (which in all events is 25 EP) is then based on not automatic resets, but claims. Even with 7h stack some poeple don't find this useful (I don't).

3. AP and stones are unlocked too early (expedition points are next based?). That way the board quickly become messy and irritates people. We could have for instance up to 4 resources on the board, and the next one unlocks ONLY when any previous is completed. 

On the other hand I find this event a good set-up for some daily based mini game. You pick 5 currencies you want to play for, and then receive a random board with those 5 currencies and 100 energy. And that is all. After a day the board resetes, scores and lvls reset too.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(01-26-2016, 10:45 PM)Brouwer Wrote: The problem with the event is not low rewards, but too high point requirements for each level of the reward, and varying requirements across resources. Dynamite has much higher score/lvl.

So ... too high point requirements for each level of the reward => lower total rewards, so  stop whining =)
I honestly think the only thing that needs to be changed it just make it so we can't get the very next kind of reward till we actually hit the cap of it, while making diamonds be the last currency for example, you unlock.

This way it doesn't become frustrating fast and less fun, the reward being low is fine don't really care how low it is cause like others said, its free. But I feel like the board needs a lot of work, right now it feels like "get lucky" roulette cycling instead of a true match 3 game once the 6th currency came into play.
Well the cool thing is that Ray changed the way the tile refresh was cycled. Now it's a lot easier to get the matches you want!
You can usually find me here!
I think the change to have the random change be a title that matches a neighbor was a great idea! It definitely makes it work alot better.
The change was awesome, wonder how the 7 currencies will play together. (Pet food is 7th)
There is a very rare instant it won't actually change to something you can properly match based on its neighbors, very rare enough I only had it three times and it only started happening when pet food came into play.

The change is definitely welcoming though, it was very much needed.