Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetting Soul Orbs
I think people are mostly talking about if you buy something stupid. For example what if you buy click damage and challenge damage and then realize you really should have bought auto and crit orbs. Now the auto and crit orbs cost a ton of crystals to buy. Would be better if you could just delete the click and challenge orb.

The only issue I have is that someone will still do something stupid. For instance accidentally deleting their two star auto orb.

I'd suggest a lock and unlock feature. You can lock your orbs for free, they basically just turn off. All levels and such are still saved they just don't do anything. They also don't influence the cost of buying orbs. In order to unlock them you would have to purchase them again, but you would still have any levels you had purchased previously.

So for example if you bought your fourth orb for 250 and then realized you didn't want that one but the next one is 500 then you can lock one of your orbs. Then the cost for the new orb goes back down to 250.

It would make it easier to recover from a bad purchase while still having a penalty and not totally deleting everything if you did it accidentally.
(10-05-2015, 05:21 PM)Zakariaz Wrote: Would like a way to reset soul orbs. Maybe make a reset remove all lvls on the orb removed and maybe a few ap/diamonds on top of that.

Could be nice to be able to reset it tbh since it takes so long for the next option to open up. Thoughts suggestions?

*for the hardcore replies*
If you dont think people should have the option to respec I would think you guys would have suggested to remove asc respec option ages ago

I'd like a way to reset my woodcutting upgrades.

I'd like a way to reset my auto dmg upgrades.

I'd like a way to reset my click dmg upgrades.

Soon: I'd like a way to reset my fishing upgrades.

There are no such options.

Ray stated he is not planning to introduce any reset for orbs, as they can be purchased from regular in-game currency. Ascension/trophy upgrades used to cost AP - which is a premium currency, and would probably force ragequits if costed 5-10AP per reset.

It is been just few days, you spent all your crystals immediately and now you want some kind of refund and reset. It is already too late for that.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(10-06-2015, 02:17 PM)Brouwer Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 05:21 PM)Zakariaz Wrote: Would like a way to reset soul orbs. Maybe make a reset remove all lvls on the orb removed and maybe a few ap/diamonds on top of that.

Could be nice to be able to reset it tbh since it takes so long for the next option to open up. Thoughts suggestions?

*for the hardcore replies*
If you dont think people should have the option to respec I would think you guys would have suggested to remove asc respec option ages ago

I'd like a way to reset my woodcutting upgrades.

I'd like a way to reset my auto dmg upgrades.

I'd like a way to reset my click dmg upgrades.

Soon: I'd like a way to reset my fishing upgrades.

There are no such options.

Ray stated he is not planning to introduce any reset for orbs, as they can be purchased from regular in-game currency. Ascension/trophy upgrades used to cost AP - which is a premium currency, and would probably force ragequits if costed 5-10AP per reset.

It is been just few days, you spent all your crystals immediately and now you want some kind of refund and reset. It is already too late for that.

Dont assume that I am suggesting this for myself man. Im suggesting this because people make mistakes and I would prefer if there is an option to amend those mistakes especially since the prices on unlocking orbs escalates so much.
Woodcutting auto dam and such do not in any work similar to this system hence I see no reason to suggest a change.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
(10-06-2015, 06:11 PM)Zakariaz Wrote: Dont assume that I am suggesting this for myself man. Im suggesting this because people make mistakes and I would prefer if there is an option to amend those mistakes especially since the prices on unlocking orbs escalates so much.
Woodcutting auto dam and such do not in any work similar to this system hence I see no reason to suggest a change.

I am not assuming just You is who needs it.

However, your woodcutting comparision makes no sense.

Most of woodcutting upgrades cost escalates even faster than orbs. Why does it not have a reset option for people who make mistakes? Some can regret high energy capacity, or gold splitting. Same goes for stone ugprades. Why should they be ignored? 

I also pointed gold ugprades. There are plenty people who do now know how to spend gold wisely on their upgrades. They mess their builds. They can't reset anything. They have to more forward and accumulate more gold for proper upgrades.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
I guess we just disagree then. Which is fine Smile
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
Ray
Good news for you crystal shoppaholics who may have made some mistakes in orb unlocks for the next patch.

While there won't be any orb investment resets currently (or maybe ever), you will be able to spend 10 crystals to reset which orbs you unlocked to allow you to select a different build.

This will not take away current investments in orbs, so if you unlock that orb again, your previous investment will still be there.

Guess thats another hread put to restSmile
Basically he's not resetting your investments into orbs. But you will be able to reset your orb choices.

I think this is really what people had a problem with. The investment isn't a huge deal if you lose it because you were stupid. Having the wrong orbs unlocked makes it almost impossible to get the right orbs because purchasing just one wrong orb at least doubles the cost of your next orb.

Basically it's a nearly perfect solution.
yup what he is implementing as actually less harsh than what I suggested