Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resetting Soul Orbs
Would like a way to reset soul orbs. Maybe make a reset remove all lvls on the orb removed and maybe a few ap/diamonds on top of that.

Could be nice to be able to reset it tbh since it takes so long for the next option to open up. Thoughts suggestions?

*for the hardcore replies*
If you dont think people should have the option to respec I would think you guys would have suggested to remove asc respec option ages ago
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
Ray said he would not implement orbs reset.

Refunding would be extremely hard. How would you refund sacrifices? You'd have to keep track of how many sacrifices you bought with gold/crystals, then how much xp each sacrifice gave.
So you probably wouldn't, or you'd reset with lvl 1 orbs. Would you then be willing to waste the ton of gold/crystals you've invested?

I would agree that the way the new feature was introduced could have been a lot better. There's nothing in the patch note detailing how it works, so you're left to your own experimentation which might end up badly. But then, orbs is pretty much the only gameplay element which has any long lasting impact since the effect is permanent. You don't blindly upgrade stuff and hope for the best, you need to carefully think about it and I think it's a good thing in a game where all your other choices can be reset: it gives some kind of uniqueness to your character.

And remember this game is supposed to have RPG-like elements. Most RPGs don't allow skills resets, that's what make your character unique.
I messed up my orbs badly as well, and would like a reset.
Don't think it would be too hard technically, as you wouldn't reset gold and crystals from the levels you've done, just give back sacrificial offerings for redistribution. For the unlocked orbs, that should be very easy as the cost to unlock is known. It could be a one time thing, or it could cost AP.

I have heard that it's not gonna happen though, and I'll can live with that, but it really sucks to struggle with this when there was no real instructions, and the damage is so permanent.
Ah yes, it didn't occur to me you could just refund sacrifices, but again, the game would need to keep track of how many have been used since they can give different XP.
Soul orbs and sacrifices are like gold or wood or stone. You can always earn more.
well i like the idea too and here my way :v *hope u guys like it* :
Respec still work but when u respec , ur 1st choice will be the highest lv of the previous version of ur choices
EX: 13 wood 14 mining 13 exp 24 gold when respec ur first choice will be lv 24 > 14 > 13 > 13
This respec system will allow players to make the best choice they want :v *p.s: i make some wrong choice too :<*
Well I would just like a way to remove one of the orbs get refund on gems and loose all xp on the one removed. Maybe make it cost 10 AP Its basicly just in case you made a wrong choice.
It can even be a one time thing. I jsut dont like the idea of something being set in stone like this especially considering how future tweaks game tweaks might affect what content you should focus on.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
@hardcore thing.

I agree shouldn't be free reset on skill point. HOWEVER it has been free respect too long to go back now imo would be unfair for new players. This would put them at a HUGE disadvantage. Especially in woodcut.
---Retired---
Id even like if you could just respec certain skills and you lose all lvls/sacrafices but get back the amount it cost to unlock it with crystals
Regards,
xCannon
i don't see any of this happening, if anything there may be a one time thing that you put in a ticket which orb you don't want and which orb you do want, and Ray or Bob just lock the one up unlock the one you want and set the xp on it to the one that got locked back up.
should be a simple switch in stead of giving you back crystals/gold.
even i messed up on my pick of orbs and i feel this option is the best.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos