Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling challenge booses
(09-27-2015, 04:20 AM)Zakariaz Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 03:16 AM)aphixia Wrote: it can be unlimited but it is a matter of content getting stale whilst this is an idle game and can get away with doing that for an extended period of time, it is a lot better if content is made to force players to make more decisions rather then just sitting there doing as much damage as they can

As i said this something to do whle waiting for while waiting for next tier. And after. Its just more content reusing old content. And since the challenges atm arent really something you repeat except to help people i feel like it would be a nice addition. I agree we need content that is more interactive. But to me it isnt a question of either or.

i know =p its a good idea and something that should be simple to implement compared to a total challenge revamp, this can and probably will continue for when/if a challenge revamp does happen in the future, i don't know how much it would take to do a fullscale revamp of challenges but my guess is it would at least take several months and would require the new gear systems ray wants to implement first so something definitely should be done as a temporary solution
It a good idea but it will never encourage actually investing to click upgrade as long as auto damage is the prefer choice in scaling due to fact you can't farm with your click damage. It would just be a test to see if your auto dmg upgrade has reach a new milestone or not.
(09-27-2015, 06:30 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: It a good idea but it will never encourage actually investing to click upgrade as long as auto damage is the prefer choice in scaling due to fact you can't farm with your click damage. It would just be a test to see if your auto dmg upgrade has reach a new milestone or not.

Well that would be up to the individual. I suspect that something like this could most likely end up becoming a contest to see who is the strongest on server. Or in guild.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
Add this:

1. You can't access duo before completing solo.
2. You can't access grouped before completing duo.

Then I can start considering heroic mode serious.
(09-27-2015, 02:42 PM)Brouwer Wrote: Add this:

1. You can't access duo before completing solo.
2. You can't access grouped before completing duo.

Then I can start considering heroic mode serious.

What i suggest is solo only. Group and duo should be something that runs with normal challenge mode. To avoid a flood of carry requests resulting from it.

Guilds could get acces to a group version of it maybe at a later point but other than that I think a eternally scaling challenge should not involve the chance of being carried. Would make people frustrated Smile
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
It's not a bad idea, my only suggestion would be to not offer a lot of premium currency with it. I love getting more diamonds and AP, but I could see a potential issue with a series of infinite challenges that offer premium currency. Instead I'd offer totally different rewards. For instance gold, crystals, wood, and stone.
(09-28-2015, 01:27 PM)Aaron Storm Wrote: It's not a bad idea, my only suggestion would be to not offer a lot of premium currency with it. I love getting more diamonds and AP, but I could see a potential issue with a series of infinite challenges that offer premium currency. Instead I'd offer totally different rewards. For instance gold, crystals, wood, and stone.

I agree maybe add a small ap reward every 10 lvls or something or maybe even a 1 time card drop? Something thats fine to get but you can live without definately
+1 if you get diamonds/ap. Tongue