Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling challenge booses
So we had a talk in kong room 1 about how you could reuse old content to give the players more stuff to do. Specifically we talked about how it was sad that challenges only had to be done once and then you never had to do them again (unless ofc you are an awesome person helping the new players)

So here is my suggestion regarding how to make challenges interesting again.

1. after completing all challenges you get acces to heroic bosses
2. these bosses start at rage solo dif
3. each time you defeat the boss its hp scales up. Not large jumps but just enough for you to want have a reason to buy a few click upgrades
4. Profit aka cards, pet food, ap, diamonds, gems it could be whatever its just another thing for people to brag about Smile

Fairly easy content to implement reuse old mechanics and add an increase to hp. Will give people a new goal until you release next tier. And more active content.

Discuss
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
totally want that, gets me more active again like i was during the run to lvl 200 and tryin to beat those solos.

+1 from me
Great Idea, this would extend challenge content out to infinity while giving us a reason to invest in clicking skills. Most of the infrastructure is already in place so impact to the development of other game aspects would be minimal. Love it.

+1 from this bird.
I like it too. My little change would be:
1. You enter a new mode above rage that well keep changing as you complete them. (same)
2. The rewards would be; small amount of AP and Diamond, but a 25% increase in gold dropped from each kill. This would go up with the hp/lvl of the monsters in challenge. (a little different)
3. When you finish all the challenges in the new mode you get a larger reward for unlocking the next tier, could be a card pack in there, some Challenge Points, and Base Damage. This gets better as you unlock tiers.(different)

Could even call it the "Inferno" Challenge Mode, seeing it's would act a lot like the Inferno Mode we have in hunting right now.
Also to make thing fair, as you unlock tiers you can go back tiers to help without reward tho, and I would set a max of 5 tier difference.
So if your at tier 5 you can help someone out that just entered the new mode, but if your on tier 6 you can not.
Also so people don't just farm the easy ones to god know what tier, I would put a cap to how high you can farm until you have to get the tier up too.

Example:
"Heroic" everything is a little harder then rage, then they tier up as you complete them going from "Heroic" to "Heroic +1" with the 25% increase in hp/lvl and rewards. (#1&2)
When you get everything to the next tier ("Heroic +1") you get the tier unlocked reward. (#3)
The tiers just keep going so +2, +3, +4 ect.
EX:
If your Rats are at tier 5 they can not go higher then that until you get all you challenges to tier 1, then you can farm up to tier 6.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
YES. this would give all players (low and high lvl) a constant goal. its something that is missing from the game currently. It also seems like it isnt that much work to implement (can be wrong though, i dont know XD) +1
whilst i do agree to this, i personally think that challenges need more interaction sometime in the future and this would only be a temporary fix
since it would be increasingly difficulty, it could be unlimitied.
it can be unlimited but it is a matter of content getting stale whilst this is an idle game and can get away with doing that for an extended period of time, it is a lot better if content is made to force players to make more decisions rather then just sitting there doing as much damage as they can
(09-27-2015, 03:16 AM)aphixia Wrote: it can be unlimited but it is a matter of content getting stale whilst this is an idle game and can get away with doing that for an extended period of time, it is a lot better if content is made to force players to make more decisions rather then just sitting there doing as much damage as they can

As i said this something to do whle waiting for while waiting for next tier. And after. Its just more content reusing old content. And since the challenges atm arent really something you repeat except to help people i feel like it would be a nice addition. I agree we need content that is more interactive. But to me it isnt a question of either or.
IGN: Zakariaz                   Proud leader of Revenants. Admitted leader of STEW
(09-27-2015, 02:13 AM)Mythic Wrote: I like it too. My little change would be:
1. You enter a new mode above rage that well keep changing as you complete them. (same)
2. The rewards would be; small amount of AP and Diamond, but a 25% increase in gold dropped from each kill. This would go up with the hp/lvl of the monsters in challenge. (a little different)
3. When you finish all the challenges in the new mode you get a larger reward for unlocking the next tier, could be a card pack in there, some Challenge Points, and Base Damage. This gets better as you unlock tiers.(different)

Could even call it the "Inferno" Challenge Mode, seeing it's would act a lot like the Inferno Mode we have in hunting right now.
Also to make thing fair, as you unlock tiers you can go back tiers to help without reward tho, and I would set a max of 5 tier difference.
So if your at tier 5 you can help someone out that just entered the new mode, but if your on tier 6 you can not.
Also so people don't just farm the easy ones to god know what tier, I would put a cap to how high you can farm until you have to get the tier up too.

Example:
"Heroic" everything is a little harder then rage, then they tier up as you complete them going from "Heroic" to "Heroic +1" with the 25% increase in hp/lvl and rewards. (#1&2)
When you get everything to the next tier ("Heroic +1") you get the tier unlocked reward. (#3)
The tiers just keep going so +2, +3, +4 ect.
EX:
If your Rats are at tier 5 they can not go higher then that until you get all you challenges to tier 1, then you can farm up to tier 6.

Well I also like his idea for now I was just going for something simple to introduce a reason to upgrade click while we wait for the next tiers. Would also give ray an idea of the current powerlvl of his playerbase. Ofc the system could be made more advanced with time. I suggest this as a solo thing with the option of expanding it with group tiers like you suggest :Smile
Trying to prevent even more instances of people seeking carries Smile