Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[v0.56 Patch] Cashiers vs New Players
While we got a large DPS boost, we also lost a TON of progress.

The group that I'm in (me, iNSANE, Galroth, and Farflier) is the group that was farming Inferno tier 100. Kills were about 9-10 seconds on average for a large amount of XP. iNSANE is not yet back since the patch, but Galroth, Farflier, and I are in a trio with around that same kill speed at Inferno 59 for less than half of the XP we were getting pre-patch. My guess is that we'll be farming Inferno 74 (to avoid the large HP boost with no accompanying XP boost) once iNSANE is back online.

Now, what does this mean long-term? Since we'll be getting approximately 1/2 of the XP that we were pre-patch, and because of the way that the HP in Inferno is now scaling (without an accompanying XP scaling), everyone else will be able to catch up to us faster. Additionally, we're going to have to look into farming faster kills (3-4 second) rather than higher inferno kills because of the HP boost without an XP boost. If farming low ends up being optimal XP, then that'll be the same for everyone.

I'm not sure what you're saying about a permanent "world bonus" - I'm not familiar with that term in IOU.

The reality is that it doesn't take long to hit 200 at this point - really, it's just a few days. The boosts to pets post-200 were HUGELY needed, and really are good for both free and paying players.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [v0.56 Patch] Cashiers vs New Players - Kaotikus - 09-25-2015, 04:19 AM