Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[v0.56 Patch] Cashiers vs New Players
Exclamation 
I write as a level 241 player, support 6, 72 days playing IOU.

Wont extend too much. Im of the idea that a game needs new players to survive. This patch says the opposite. Why should an AT0, AT1 or AT2 play if they dont have a permanent "Starting Bonus" (+20% gold/exp) to catch up with older players? You just nerfed exp.

I get it, there are many cashiers. This patch is for them, more DPS, better pets, you made "Card Shop" more attractive, but you totally forgot about new players/under level 200 players.

I know giving advantages to cashiers was needed, but I dont like the path the game is going. One strong advantage and "hook" of IOU was the idea that you can get "Premium content" (Diamonds, AP) without cashing. Now is all about EXP. And its a fact, higher Support Level = more Exp.

As a level 241 I recieved a huge dps boost, cant imagine people near level 300. 

ps: english isnt my main language, sorry.
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
While we got a large DPS boost, we also lost a TON of progress.

The group that I'm in (me, iNSANE, Galroth, and Farflier) is the group that was farming Inferno tier 100. Kills were about 9-10 seconds on average for a large amount of XP. iNSANE is not yet back since the patch, but Galroth, Farflier, and I are in a trio with around that same kill speed at Inferno 59 for less than half of the XP we were getting pre-patch. My guess is that we'll be farming Inferno 74 (to avoid the large HP boost with no accompanying XP boost) once iNSANE is back online.

Now, what does this mean long-term? Since we'll be getting approximately 1/2 of the XP that we were pre-patch, and because of the way that the HP in Inferno is now scaling (without an accompanying XP scaling), everyone else will be able to catch up to us faster. Additionally, we're going to have to look into farming faster kills (3-4 second) rather than higher inferno kills because of the HP boost without an XP boost. If farming low ends up being optimal XP, then that'll be the same for everyone.

I'm not sure what you're saying about a permanent "world bonus" - I'm not familiar with that term in IOU.

The reality is that it doesn't take long to hit 200 at this point - really, it's just a few days. The boosts to pets post-200 were HUGELY needed, and really are good for both free and paying players.
(09-25-2015, 04:19 AM)Kaotikus Wrote: While we got a large DPS boost, we also lost a TON of progress.

The group that I'm in (me, iNSANE, Galroth, and Farflier) is the group that was farming Inferno tier 100.  Kills were about 9-10 seconds on average for a large amount of XP.  iNSANE is not yet back since the patch, but Galroth, Farflier, and I are in a trio with around that same kill speed at Inferno 59 for less than half of the XP we were getting pre-patch.  My guess is that we'll be farming Inferno 74 (to avoid the large HP boost with no accompanying XP boost) once iNSANE is back online.

Now, what does this mean long-term?  Since we'll be getting approximately 1/2 of the XP that we were pre-patch, and because of the way that the HP in Inferno is now scaling (without an accompanying XP scaling), everyone else will be able to catch up to us faster.  Additionally, we're going to have to look into farming faster kills (3-4 second) rather than higher inferno kills because of the HP boost without an XP boost.  If farming low ends up being optimal XP, then that'll be the same for everyone.

I'm not sure what you're saying about a permanent "world bonus" - I'm not familiar with that term in IOU.

The reality is that it doesn't take long to hit 200 at this point - really, it's just a few days.  The boosts to pets post-200 were HUGELY needed, and really are good for both free and paying players.

We all got the nerf in Exp. We were in Inferno 35 and now we are near 22-25.
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
(09-25-2015, 04:22 AM)Kadercito Wrote: We all got the nerf in Exp. We were in Inferno 35 and now we are near 22-25.

Right, but percentage-wise, our group (should) be the hardest-hit. Most groups will not lose 50% of their XP/kill from these changes.
only A3 and inferno level players well feel the hard hit from this patch, seeing only the monsters in inferno mode were changed.

had to do that seeing you guys are postings without reading everything.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(09-25-2015, 04:24 AM)Kaotikus Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 04:22 AM)Kadercito Wrote: We all got the nerf in Exp. We were in Inferno 35 and now we are near 22-25.

Right, but percentage-wise, our group (should) be the hardest-hit.  Most groups will not lose 50% of their XP/kill from these changes.

True, but the main point isnt arguing about exp (duos may be better now). Its why a new player should join a game with so much difference in levels/time played 

Thanks for the info tho  Big Grin
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
speaking for those 245 days + here u guys lvup F**king fast so stop complain :| it both annoying and selfish , if we "Oldies" not complain about u new player get to lv 200 in less than a month then why should u as for even more exp !!!???
(09-25-2015, 04:29 AM)WhiteK Wrote: speaking for those 245 days + here u guys lvup F**king fast so stop complain :| it both annoying and selfish , if we "Oldies" not complain about u new player get to lv 200 in less than a month then why should u as for even more exp !!!???

I would not complain if I had found the game 180 days earlier xD

And im not crying or complaining, the idea goes with new players and At0-At2 people possible quitting.

I have many guildies support 3, how much EXP will they win now? 1 level every 5 days?
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
(09-25-2015, 04:28 AM)Mythic Wrote: only A3 and inferno level players well feel the hard hit from this patch, seeing only the monsters in inferno mode were changed.

If you are right maybe there's a bit of hope left
Instakill Guild
-Creator-
(09-25-2015, 03:53 AM)Kadercito Wrote: Now is all about EXP. And its a fact, higher Support Level = more Exp.

(09-25-2015, 04:29 AM)Kadercito Wrote: True, but the main point isnt arguing about exp (duos may be better now). Its why a new player should join a game with so much difference in levels/time played 

Thanks for the info tho  Big Grin

OK, I'm going to stop replying after this, because you seem a bit confused on whether or not it's about XP. New players coming in and being behind is a part of every games as it gets further along in its life cycle. Those of us who started with Kong beta were over 200 levels behind the top players from before the game was on Kong. Farflier started at the end of the Clean Energy event and is now the 4th highest level player in the game. Catching up IS possible, it's just not easy.