Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining/Wood cooldown
(08-19-2015, 01:59 AM)jimmi33 Wrote: This is the single worst change in the history of the game IMO. I do no "play" the game anymore it is just kinda there, I don't do anything because there is nothing to do.

This has quiet effectively killed my hype for the game. 10x time increase was a SEVERE OVERKILL it should AT THE VERY LEAST be decreased to x5.

Eh, I don't really care much about the x10, but yes....a x5 would be better Big Grin
I love this game nonetheless.
You can usually find me here!
I also like the idea of lowering it to x5 compared to the current x10
I'm not opposed to lowering it to 5x, but I do prefer it at 10x.
(08-18-2015, 01:43 PM)Valorean Wrote: COPIED(From a post i started on Kongregate)

Pretty Much it i agree with the idea but no the method, 20 minutes is really, really long. Were talking a 1000% increase in time to stop a handful of Scripters.

Meanwhile i have basically stopped paying any attention to the game at all because there are 6-7 hour windows where i don’t need to do anything. It went from an Idle game i was comfortable with letting run all day and checking in on every 60-90 minutes, to a game that is just eating up resources(Because Adobe Flash is horrible), while i am trying to play other games.

Maybe bring the timer down to 5-8 minutes, otherwise there isn’t enough to keep me interested in letting it run all day taking up 1/4 of my memory with the terrible Adobe player.

That or allow some kind of Offline Exp gain like most other Idle games so i don’t need it open in my background causing system lag while i am playing ranked games in LoL.

This doesn't make sense.  So you had no problem letting it run all day, eating up your resources while you played other games, but now that you don't have to interrupt those other games quite as frequently, all of a sudden letting the game run all day and eating up the exact same resources is an issue?  If it's using 1/4 of your processing power, it's time to upgrade.  There is already a bonus in place as well, so feel free to have this game closed completely while you play LoL, then hop back on afterwards and use up that +50% bonus. 

This also wasn't to stop scripters, but to even the playing field.  Now those people that don't have time to check every 4-5 hours or w/e it was at, can just let it sit for a long time and not worry about their energy capping out for hours at a time.  Scripters are able to have this done for them automatically every time their energy is full.  They miss out on nothing.  This system is far better for everyone that doesn't script.  It's not like you have to do much anyway.  You select a tree, hold enter.  You go into your mine, you hold enter.  You're done both within 30 seconds (maybe 2 min on your rig).
I like the new system.
my concern\annoyance at this change is that i had spent wood\stone on increasing my energy pool to suit my playing. This change essentially makes those upgrades pointless as at current rate it will take me around 13hrs to fill my woodcutting to its upgraded energy level. That being said i'm not gonna loose too much sleep over this.