Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining/Wood cooldown
I understand the reason for the change in the cooldown for mining etc., but in all reality, there are many that are concerned that it will kill the game with the mining cooldowns being so long. People had a reason to be on the game every half hour to an hour, now people won't have to be on it for 1-2, maybe even 3 days. People will stop chatting as much because they usually chat in between challenges and mining etc., and now all we have is MAYBE 5 minutes of stuff to do when we get on the game at the start of the day, and then it's pretty much that we don't have to be there for another day or two.

Is there a better way to balance things out than to have such long cooldown periods for the mine and wood?

I agree with the raised prices to help balance it out a bit more, and even maybe a tad bit longer of time for the cooldown to mine and to complete the whole mine field, but how it stands as of right now, it will take 2+ days to complete a mine. This also raises an issue with the fact that if we don't have enough wood to upgrade the mine at the time of completion, we will have to reset it and wait another 2+ days to upgrade it.

I love this game and this game is basically the only downtime I get.... now I don't have much to do on it at all, and of course I'm not the only one.

I wish there was a way to calculate the actual active time per player and have all the cooldown times based on that, so that if someone is actually active for 5+ hours per day, the mine/wood cooldown would be lower than for someone that is only actually active for less than 3 hours per day. I don't know if this is possible, but it would help balance it out for actives versus inactives and make for a more rounded system.
What? It's 20minutes per energy, 3 energy per hour.
Base 50 energy makes it so you have to log in every 16hours 40minutes.
Everyone who are strong/higher have ascension it's double energy so 8hours 20mins.
Anyone who is carrying anything is going to have lvl 7 trophies for cooldown at the minimum 17minutes?
7 hours... but... if you notice chat, everyone who is there usually, is still there.

I love the change, it's a reason for people not to be botting this game and play it like everyone else. This change in itself is actually helping the community. It's a 8-12%? ish decrease of gains for the botters, this evens the playing field, even if you are the most active person alive... you're going to miss some stones/wood if you're going to sleep. Now.... all the active players maintain their gains, while botters have reduced gains. Casual players (those who have work/family) are free to enjoy their weekend with their kids without having to worry about being capped out.

TL;DR
if you weren't botting, than the gains/losses are the same or better if you are a casual. The community is the same, chat rooms still full and http://us21.chatzy.com/58449473508516 still 60+ at all times. 90ish during peak times.
COPIED(From a post i started on Kongregate)

Pretty Much it i agree with the idea but no the method, 20 minutes is really, really long. Were talking a 1000% increase in time to stop a handful of Scripters.

Meanwhile i have basically stopped paying any attention to the game at all because there are 6-7 hour windows where i don’t need to do anything. It went from an Idle game i was comfortable with letting run all day and checking in on every 60-90 minutes, to a game that is just eating up resources(Because Adobe Flash is horrible), while i am trying to play other games.

Maybe bring the timer down to 5-8 minutes, otherwise there isn’t enough to keep me interested in letting it run all day taking up 1/4 of my memory with the terrible Adobe player.

That or allow some kind of Offline Exp gain like most other Idle games so i don’t need it open in my background causing system lag while i am playing ranked games in LoL.
I fall somewhere in the "it's a nice change but maybe 10x regen time and rewards was a little overkill" camp

what happened was definitely a change for the better, but if you think this won't put some players off or quieten the chats it's just not being realistic

doesn't bother me personally but I do worry that it will deter some players
Andez - Click Heroes
I like the change, I now can take my time and not check the game every 1 hour or 2 for mining. Now instead of 4.5 hours for my energy to regenerate half that with +1 to energy, I can let it build for 46 hours before it maxes out. I still do check it for training, expeditions, and claims about every 1-2 hours so that is kind of the same.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(08-18-2015, 01:57 PM)Mythic Wrote: I like the change, I now can take my time and not check the game every 1 hour or 2 for mining. Now instead of 4.5 hours for my energy to regenerate half that with +1 to energy, I can let it build for 46 hours before it maxes out. I still do check it for training, expeditions, and claims about every 1-2 hours so that is kind of the same.

With the change to Mining/Woodcutting Its not hard to get All you timers to around 6-7 hours and just check them all at the same time, but its made the game horribly boring.
(08-18-2015, 11:45 AM)WhiteK Wrote: Agree *dont know if it x10 crys* the new patch have it advantage and disadvantage , due to x10 reward and cost each time u missed to upgrade ur mining field it mean u have to wait 1-2 days to clear it + the wood progress dont show so we have no idea when to move up  , so i think x5 would be better than x10 *my is 13.5hrs to fully charge*
like i said before , x5 should be better than x10
(08-18-2015, 02:00 PM)Valorean Wrote:
(08-18-2015, 01:57 PM)Mythic Wrote: I like the change, I now can take my time and not check the game every 1 hour or 2 for mining. Now instead of 4.5 hours for my energy to regenerate half that with +1 to energy, I can let it build for 46 hours before it maxes out. I still do check it for training, expeditions, and claims about every 1-2 hours so that is kind of the same.

With the change to Mining/Woodcutting Its not hard to get All you timers to around 6-7 hours and just check them all at the same time, but its made the game horribly boring.

lol clicking on tiles and a tree, makes the game 'horribly fun'? Sure it was something to do, haha bro but if that is something that you counted as fun, you must of been an easy child to buy presents for. lol If you're waiting every 60-90mins to click a couple of times on a game which gives you no more progress than doing it after 40 hours instead...know what I mean? Can't wrap my mind around that one lol. Sorry.

On a serious note, I like the change. For people who work 8-10 hours a day or go to school, it allows for them to not fall behind those who are home or have access to the game 24/7. It also makes scripting 'useless'...well as far as mining/trees goes. Ofc everyone is free to have their own opinions.
(08-18-2015, 02:15 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote:
(08-18-2015, 02:00 PM)Valorean Wrote:

lol clicking on tiles and a tree, makes the game 'horribly fun'? Sure it was something to do, haha bro but if that is something that you counted as fun, you must of been an easy child to buy presents for. lol If you're waiting every 60-90mins to click a couple of times on a game which gives you no more progress than doing it after 40 hours instead...know what I mean? Can't wrap my mind around that one lol. Sorry.

On a serious note, I like the change. For people who work 8-10 hours a day or go to school, it allows for them to not fall behind those who are home or have access to the game 24/7. It also makes scripting 'useless'...well as far as mining/trees goes. Ofc everyone is free to have their own opinions.

Ya that was my main reason for getting my energy so high before patch, I wanted my max energy at 300 for wood and mining, now i don't have to upgrade them anymore. Which is great.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
This is the single worst change in the history of the game IMO. I do no "play" the game anymore it is just kinda there, I don't do anything because there is nothing to do.

This has quiet effectively killed my hype for the game. 10x time increase was a SEVERE OVERKILL it should AT THE VERY LEAST be decreased to x5.