Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
XP penalized for helping in challenges
One, doing challenges that you haven't done before don't give XP they drop gold, diamonds, AP, CP, and Base Damage.
Therefor any reward for doing challenges already done would consist of gold, diamonds, and AP, and what you would get is something like arena you got the first time rewards now they well be 10 times less, and maybe even limited to once a day per duo and group challenge.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
How about trophies? Is it something that would be worth it?
I actually don't think anything should be given additionally for doing more challenges. Certainly not anything farmable.

Just a way to allow us to do challenges without missing out on XP. Would allow us higher level players to stay active in the game without sacrificing XP. Because in the end we limit how much we stay active/help in favor of getting XP to keep pace with others.
(08-17-2015, 11:58 AM)EvoGeek Wrote: I actually don't think anything should be given additionally for doing more challenges. Certainly not anything farmable.

Just a way to allow us to do challenges without missing out on XP. Would allow us higher level players to stay active in the game without sacrificing XP. Because in the end we limit how much we stay active/help in favor of getting XP to keep pace with others.

Yeah I liked your first suggestion. Where it doesn't mess with your farming while you do it. (Like Pet Arena)
You can usually find me here!
(08-17-2015, 11:58 AM)EvoGeek Wrote: I actually don't think anything should be given additionally for doing more challenges. Certainly not anything farmable.

Evo and I are both very active in helping lower levels clear challenges. I completely agree with his suggestion of a way to allow us to gain exp/gold as if we were idling while we're actually doing challenges.
Hey Everyone, XIII here Kongregate Room 2 Resident and challenge helper.  I knowingly give up a ton of XP and Gold to assist in challenges.  I have simple rules for carries.  Duo get passwords, groups have no level requirement, and when I need bodies to complete a group challenge for someone, you need to show up.  I am not here tooting my own horn, but those of us who had the opportunity to play the beta and get the kinks and bugs worked out, I feel need to be helpful to the new people.  I am still here because I believe in the game and see its potential.  The reward for me is seeing new players catch the IOU fever and when they can you get to see them help duos and groups that do not require my damage.  I am no monster by any definition.  But we have a great community, especially in room 2.  Because we are willing and able to help those that are in "need".  I dont feel that additional XP or gold rewards are required to give me the encentive to help.  It would be great, but it will not deter me from lending a hand.
Hi XIII:

I think it's great that you take such good care of Room 2. I've decided Room 3 is my home and have been doing the same there. By no means do I plan on stopping helping. It's a lot of fun helping. If there wasn't a loss of XP/Gold, I'd help even more than I already do. And that's the point I'm trying to make here.

Is there a reasonable adjustment that can be made here that would allow those of us that want to be more active be able to do so without a loss of XP/gold.
(08-17-2015, 11:10 PM)EvoGeek Wrote: Hi XIII:

I think it's great that you take such good care of Room 2. I've decided Room 3 is my home and have been doing the same there. By no means do I plan on stopping helping. It's a lot of fun helping. If there wasn't a loss of XP/Gold, I'd help even more than I already do. And that's the point I'm trying to make here.

Is there a reasonable adjustment that can be made here that would allow those of us that want to be more active be able to do so without a loss of XP/gold.

EvoGeek,

THis just hit me like a lightening bolt.  What about rested time?  Since we "go to sleep" when we are running challenges, it could be calculated the same way.  We arent getting the full about of lost XP and Gold, but it could/should be able to calc rested time for while we are gone.  Thoughts?
If separating the instances isn't feasible, that is a reasonable fix. Great idea.
My place to help is Kong Room 11 Big Grin......even though I'm level 183 (But most of them are below level 100)

But yeah, an exp boost for the time you're in a challenge sounds good too.
You can usually find me here!