Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event bosses
i reach lvl 90 in the same time it took my guild mates to reach lvl 77, he does about 200 more dps then I do. he has chosen to change diamonds into ap for more damage where as i went with more exp.
- IGN - tucandroll
You seem to misunderstand me.

What I meant is it all came down to what you chose ( nobody forced you to have low DPS, or at the very least not concentrate your efforts on raising the DPS )

So, complaining that an Event Boss would be unbalanced in any way was a subjective remark not an objective one.

Because, if you invested your Diamonds on AP, to work out your DPS, chances are you wouldn't have stated such a remark.

In short terms, improve an idea rather than building a brickwall around it due to what ( might ) and might not be suitable for you.

Peace, and stay golden.
IGN             Phr34kness      lvl 93           IOU         6019
Guild           Z Warriors                           IOU         72746
to add another issue with his theoretical event which isn't dps related but connected.
the hp reduction skill which is very useful in group would also be totally useless with this type of challenge.
(08-01-2015, 08:18 PM)sadgoth Wrote: to add another issue with his theoretical event which isn't dps related but connected.
the hp reduction skill which is very useful in group would also be totally useless with this type of challenge.

Well it isn't meant to be usefull since the boss would have infinite hp and it wouldn't affect your dps anyways
Also, if the idea were to be added, it could look something like this:

[Image: ErkyKAI.png]
[Image: DonabzE.png]

Remember that this is just an concept and it doesn't have to look like this. even the rewards could be something else, this was just my idea of it
I like the idea of an event boss. I do not, however, like the idea of infinite hp. Why is this monster dying with infinite hp? I think if there is an event boss it should have a set amount of high hp, and when its killed, players that contributed a higher amount of damage should be given a higher chance of better rewards, but not a 100% chance. This way lower levels still have a chance to get rewards, but the higher levels that have spent more time playing the game and do more damage, have a better chance to get them.
Like the idea too but the reward kinda :v too much , + if we do have a Event boss then we need 2 thing : 1st is personal loot , 2nd community loot * which mean this loot for all who participant in the event scale with the total damage of total players does in the event period*
An extra idea if you will indulge me a little.
Rather than have the rewards based on damage, make it based on time, so if a group kill the BOSS in 2 mins they get a set reward, if you try it again and this time improve your time to say 1min 30 secs you unlock the next level of reward, but nothing if u fail to improve your time.
To make this "fair" their should be a different BOSS per ascension tier with rewards to reflect as such
(08-04-2015, 12:17 AM)WhiteK Wrote: Like the idea too but the reward kinda :v too much , + if we do have a Event boss then we need 2 thing : 1st is personal loot , 2nd community loot * which mean this loot for all who participant in the event scale with the total damage of total players does in the event period*

Now that's a good idea.

Also, whether or not the boss has hp or not doesn't matter. Infinite hp = better chance for everyone to participate (This means the boss would last a certain amount of time). A set hp amount = lesser chance for everyone to participate due to high hitters.

If you have a level 200 in the guild that only hits 500k while you have the level 200s+ that hits millions...the rewards are gonna be lost to the higher hitters. Not because of a higher levels, but because they pay more for the game.

Either way the rewards will have to be scaled either to level...or to damage. That's why a personal reward for levels and a community reward for highest hitter would be fine.
You can usually find me here!