Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event bosses
How about there could be event bosses once in a while with unlimited HP, but they die after the timer runs out. Your goal would be to deal as much damage as possible in that time. Higher dmg would equal to better rewards.

What do you think?
A dps training dummy of sorts.
the problem with this idea is that it would vastly favor the high lv players
Which is why Event Bosses should come in 3 Different forms.

1st Tier : Event Boss is suitable for level 75 players and below.
2nd Tier : Event Boss is suitable for level 75 ~ 120
3rd Tier : 120 and above

Thats one way of doing it anyway. Event Bosses should have minimum requirements to join, and restrictions as well to give all the players a chance at it.

And you could add a new energy system that can be spent for these Event Bosses. That way no player can outrun the other.
IGN             Phr34kness      lvl 93           IOU         6019
Guild           Z Warriors                           IOU         72746
it would still be in favor of those who cash more then others

0-40
41-60
61-75
76-90
91-110
111-130
131-150
151-180
181-199
200-210
211-220
221-230
and so on it would require a lot of brackets as those above 200 cant out dps those above 200 who spend a lot more then the regular masses even in the early to mid game not just late game
It also depends if the amount of damage you do yields greater rewards than the lower ones due to ranking.  Pretty much no matter what the people who spend money are always going to be in favor when it comes in damage. I believe instead of level tiers, the tiers should be damage.  So let's say the time period is like one day and the tiers are like this:

Tier 1: 100,000 Damage
Tier 2: 500,000 Damage
Tier 3: 2,500,000 Damage
Tier 4: 12,500,000 Damage
Tier 5: 62,500,000 Damage

This is just an example of course. 
You can usually find me here!
Void's idea is much more practical.
I feel this would be very unbalance any way you did it. I know myself my damage is really low compared to people of similar level. as my focus was on leveling and not on DPS.
- IGN - tucandroll
That's why the tiers give bonuses...it's not a competition. Big Grin
You can usually find me here!
Besides, isnt the point of the game is to improve yourself ??

If you focused on leveling and not DPS, then your first time at an Event Boss is going to be hard, however sooner or later you as well will be able to benefit from the Event Boss' rewards.

You cant simply say its unbalanced just because your DPS is lower to other players of the same level. That indicates that you havent invested your time the way they did, nothing less, nothing more.