Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Pet - equation
Information 
Hello.
May be shooting for the stars on this one,
I've figured since y'all are talking more about pets now, why don't we come with a 'balanced' equation for Ray? Tongue If you want something this could be a way to get it after all, it's not like this is his current priority.

I figured I'd try making a fairer- equation rather then the current pet damage system

PetBaseDamage can be found here: http://iourpg.wikia.com/wiki/Pets      <- (Without the need to re-calculate it)

Suggested by void:
NewPetBaseDamage =      [((Ilvl)^       *      0.05) * PetBaseDamage]    +     PetBaseDamage

FinalPetDamage (The usual) = [(NewPetBaseDamage) * (1 + OrbBonus) * ((1 + StableBonus) + GuildPersonalUpgrade) * (1 + AscensionBonus) * (1 + PPBonus)] * 2 <- If inferno multiply by 2

Possible pet arena compensation:

Hp = CurrentHp^         +    CurrentHp

My sub thought for an equation

*log('x') is an exponent value*
PetTier = PetTier + 1
Rather then having the bonus 5% every inferno level we get this:

log (PetTier)
NewPetBaseDamage = (Ilvl * PetBaseDamage)^                       +    PetBaseDamage

FinalPetDamage (The usual) = [(NewPetBaseDamage) * (1 + OrbBonus) * ((1 + StableBonus) + GuildPersonalUpgrade) * (1 + AscensionBonus) * (1 + PPBonus)] * 2 <- If inferno multiply by 2

Possible pet arena compensation:

log (A)
Hp =   CurrentHp^             +       CurrentHp

A = 1 at round 1-20, increasing by 1 every round after. Capping at 9, not increasing on stage 29.

- Lower levels will have a gain but won't notice a tremendous difference as the increase will start getting higher with greater tier pets/Inferno levels.
Are the equations far off? What could be a better solution?
>>>> If PetTier = 1: PetTier = PetTier + 1.     Else: PetTier = PetTier.

You should add 1 to all PetTier values. That way you avoid Tier 1 and Tier 2 having the same exponent.

>>>> (1 + StableBonus) * (1 + GuildPersonalUpgrade)

These two add together, not multiply. I assume you want them to be multiplicative?

>>>>  Lower levels will have a gain but won't notice a tremendous difference as the increase will start getting higher with greater tier pets.

Not really. The log difference makes the relative increase smaller and smaller with each pet tier. Also, the value of log(PetTier) will be between 0 and 1. Does it really make that much of a difference?

And can you use  ^ symbol for the power, so the new formula is more clear? I mean this one:

log PetTier
NewPetBaseDamage = [(1 + Ilvl) * (PetBaseDamage)]           +           (1 + PetBaseDamage)

That "+" sign under log PetTier is suspicious.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(01-16-2016, 03:16 PM)Brouwer Wrote: >>>> If PetTier = 1: PetTier = PetTier + 1.     Else: PetTier = PetTier.

You should add 1 to all PetTier values. That way you avoid Tier 1 and Tier 2 having the same exponent.

Guess so, as long as Wyrm's aren't op with the exponent > 1. (You're probably right though, will 'toy with' some numbers)

Quote:>>>> (1 + StableBonus) * (1 + GuildPersonalUpgrade)

These two add together, not multiply. I assume you want them to be multiplicative?
And can you use  ^ symbol for the power, so the new formula is more clear?
That "+" sign under log PetTier is suspicious.

Quote:Not really. The log difference makes the relative increase smaller and smaller with each pet tier. Also, the value of log(PetTier) will be between 0 and 1. Does it really make that much of a difference?
I guess, but wouldn't it be more balanced over time as the player gains massive inferno levels? At Rex the damage is directly multiplicative based on their pet&I level, should increase the current damage of the higher tier pets tremendously, especially Wyrms.
Could just change the beginning part to:

InfernoLevel^1.25 * 0.05

Since what we are trying to accomplish is a formula that scales with inferno level, right? Trying it out with a few people (higher levels of course) that brings pet dps to around 8% for people who completely ignore pets, and 17% for people who only "build" pets. But then again, I only did 5 tests xD
You can usually find me here!
(01-17-2016, 09:10 AM)Void Wrote: Could just change the beginning part to:

InfernoLevel^1.25 * 0.05

I guess, but that value would be to small for players with high tier pets / far in inferno.

(Or maybe my maths off? I don't see how that would scale with inferno.)

EDIT: Were you trying to keep the 5% increase? So: (InfernoLevel^1.25) * (1 + 0.05)
(01-17-2016, 09:24 AM)vosavo Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 09:10 AM)Void Wrote: Could just change the beginning part to:

InfernoLevel^1.25 * 0.05

I guess, but that value would be to small for players with high tier pets / far in inferno.

(Or maybe my maths off? I don't see how that would scale with inferno.)

EDIT: Were you trying to keep the 5% increase? So: (InfernoLevel^1.25) * (1 + 0.05)

No no no. Think about how the current formula for inferno bonus for pets is (Inferno Level * 0.05) This means 5% every inferno level, right? Well my formula ((Inferno Level^1.25)*0.05) is a percentage value just like the original equation. Instead...we make the inferno level value exponential so that it scaled with levels. 

For the original equation: If you are inferno level 174, that means you have 870% pet inferno bonus.

For my equation: If you are inferno level 174, that means you have 3160% pet inferno bonus.

High tier pets already get a big boost to their base. If you notice the base damage of each tier, it increases by a shit ton. That's why you'll have a Robo Bee at like 1.5m damage, and then when it hits Brainfester it turns into 2m.

Doing my equation made Farflier's pets 10% of his dps. Flashtrigger had 17% of his dps. I had like 8% of my dps.
(01-18-2016, 05:58 PM)Void Wrote: No no no. Think about how the current formula for inferno bonus for pets is (Inferno Level * 0.05) This means 5% every inferno level, right? Well my formula ((Inferno Level^1.25)*0.05) is a percentage value just like the original equation. Instead...we make the inferno level value exponential so that it scaled with levels. 

Ohhh wait I see my mistake now, I was thinking of that being the RAW damage. xd...Or something like that. (think I forgot the part where it's added by original dmg)

Yeah that would work, I guess you're right that my formula focuses on pet tiers to much even though they already get a higher % base bonus.
I'll add that to the original suggestion if you don't mind.
But is ^ 1.25 the best exponential value?
(01-19-2016, 01:07 AM)vosavo Wrote:
(01-18-2016, 05:58 PM)Void Wrote: No no no. Think about how the current formula for inferno bonus for pets is (Inferno Level * 0.05) This means 5% every inferno level, right? Well my formula ((Inferno Level^1.25)*0.05) is a percentage value just like the original equation. Instead...we make the inferno level value exponential so that it scaled with levels. 

Ohhh wait I see my mistake now, I was thinking of that being the RAW damage. xd...Or something like that. (think I forgot the part where it's added by original dmg)

Yeah that would work, I guess you're right that my formula focuses on pet tiers to much even though they already get a higher % base bonus.
I'll add that to the original suggestion if you don't mind.
But is ^ 1.25 the best exponential value?

Well 1.25 seemed like the most reasonable to me, but other people might have different opinions Tongue
I'd say at least 1.2 and at most 1.3.