No! Bad idea
This suggestion needs work
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss Buffs + compensation
Hello
Recently I've talked to some new players since the game got on the front page of Kongregate recently..
It seems like if they wouldn't have 'chatted' to people, they wouldn't be playing the game at all.
Since there's almost nothing to 'challenge' while the player is present (even challenges can be 'meh')

One of them was sad there was almost no 'boss' feature, as the bosses barely seemed like bosses.
No real bosses was also a reason why I almost didn't get into this game, but anyway:

I've got a suggestion!

Somewhat 'dramatically' increase every final bosses health in every worlds (1-10/2-10/2-20 exc.)
This would add more of a 'building experience for the player so maybe they're forced to find a party or farm up before fighting the boss.

To compensate for this buff:

- Suggested by Void: Possibly increase gold/exp gains on bosses, similar to their health increase.
(Or only having a gold/exp increase, if boss hp doesn't buff)

- Suggested by DoruTheDragon: Multiply cards gained on bosses, this can account for inferno players.

- You only ever have to kill the final boss ONCE to move on

- Rather then randomly having a 30% bonus at the end when you're finished every world in your ascension, after every boss you earn the bonus however the bonus is evenly spread:
So in ascension 0, after completing 1-10 you earn 6% overall bonus exp.
After completing 2-10 you earn another 6%. (total 30% for this ascension)

In Ascension 1 it would be spread to 5% bonus every final boss (total 35% for this ascension)

Ascension 2 it would spread to 4% bonus every final boss (total 40% for this ascension)

The difference is that you have something to farm for and may have to build up before fighting for a better experience, only gaining a bonus right after giving the player a reason to try for completion.
Be honest: No new player knows about the increase unless somebody tells them… Which is why it should at least be a hover over text/pop up text when it's gained…. (Really need to start focusing on some small issues)

What do you think? Should difficult things be left for the challenges? Is this a terrible idea that I haven't thought through well enough?
I personally think this could increase the players experience, currently thinking of an implement for inferno tiers.
I do like your suggestion because bosses are completely useless in this game and always have been, but I wanna add a little more.

Bosses give the same amount of gold+xp and the same rewards for beating them all as normal mobs, I believe that should all be buffed. If bosses don't get an hp increase (because they are already 4x the normal hp), they should at least get an xp/gold boost corresponding to their hp. So 4x exp+gold.

Some games even raise the bonuses for bosses, making it better to farm bosses than normal mobs, which would be great for lower levels trying to reach inferno. Having the rewards being at least 4x better will also make it to where people will actually farm boss areas for cards, making it to where card packs can be placed anywhere.

The only thing that people might disagree with is, "This is what we have card packs for!"...but who cares? We will still use card packs, but instead place it effectively around all areas instead of every 5.
You can usually find me here!
(12-29-2015, 10:19 PM)Void Wrote: Bosses give the same amount of gold+xp and the same rewards for beating them all as normal mobs, I believe that should all be buffed. If bosses don't get an hp increase (because they are already 4x the normal hp), they should at least get an xp/gold boost corresponding to their hp. So 4x exp+gold.

Can't believe I didn't think of that xD 
Thanks! Good add, will edit it in original post.
They still wouldn't be worth farming less some reason the cards are also done in a 4x drop, so even if they least gotten the 4x xp/gold, while that be great for those that have yet to clear them, would still do nothing for those that already finished.

That might be asking a bit much but I would like to not have to say "that's what card packs is for" when it comes to bosses myself.
(12-30-2015, 05:38 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: They still wouldn't be worth farming less some reason the cards are also done in a 4x drop, so even if they least gotten the 4x xp/gold, while that be great for those that have yet to clear them, would still do nothing for those that already finished.

That might be asking a bit much but I would like to not have to say "that's what card packs is for" when it comes to bosses myself.

Yeah this suggestion was more focused towards the newer players, some changes could make it decent for inferno's like the 4x, but yeah I think increasing card drop can pose some issues with the double cards from events/purchases

EDIT: However… You could increase the damage gained from each card milestone on these bosses??
Didn't really think about the double card bonuses and the likes, but if we do increase the damage gained from boss card milestones, would it still end up having similiar results in the end?

It would probably takes some good mathing to make sure this all works out perfectly if keep to the same card rate. Hard to say if in the end making it 4x card rate be just fine instead of making a new formula for improved damage.
(12-30-2015, 02:04 PM)DorutheDragon Wrote: Didn't really think about the double card bonuses and the likes, but if we do increase the damage gained from boss card milestones, would it still end up having similiar results in the end?

It would probably takes some good mathing to make sure this all works out perfectly if keep to the same card rate. Hard to say if in the end making it 4x card rate be just fine instead of making a new formula for improved damage.

Yeah, multiplying the amount of cards you get by 4x on the boss tiers would work just fine.
You can usually find me here!
Ah alrighty, guess changing the bonus isn't much of a difference then adding the cards.
Added to suggestion. Tongue