Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Making Altar multiplicative
Imo the altar is clearly the least balanced building, offering little for new players and absolutely nothing for high levels. If it were added to the same multiplier as party boost then it would be more balanced i think
Altar totally could be reworked into a +soul orb exp item. +5% soul orb exp per building level so they grow faster!
(10-04-2015, 09:01 AM)Mylon Wrote: Altar totally could be reworked into a +soul orb exp item.  +5% soul orb exp per building level so they grow faster!

that's a great idea and seeing the name Altar and Soul Orbs coincide religiously, it works out nicely.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(10-04-2015, 06:59 AM)SonGoku Wrote: Imo the altar is clearly the least balanced building

It surprises me the ammount of guilds that level up their buildings evenly, including altar Tongue

I agree with a buff on altar, it's awful atm.
I wouldn't mind a buff on altar. I think this is a great idea.
Guild: FOvivors (Creator) Top 50 Guild
IOU: 73k
Level 467
Idle DPS: 350M
Support Level 6
The problem with balancing the altar is that its something that works for as long as you are in the guild, for the rest of your game life, so even if it just a lowly 2.5%, that 2.5% in say... over maybe 30 days you didn't have before and adds up after some time. You have to be very careful how this thing is adjusted.

If you ask me the one that really unbalanced is really the stables, that thing seem like the definition of useless once its lv5, not really much reason to up it more than that(but we do it anyways).
(10-04-2015, 01:26 PM)DorutheDragon Wrote: The problem with balancing the altar is that its something that works for as long as you are in the guild, for the rest of your game life, so even if it just a lowly 2.5%, that 2.5% in say... over maybe 30 days you didn't have before and adds up after some time. You have to be very careful how this thing is adjusted.

If you ask me the one that really unbalanced is really the stables, that thing seem like the definition of useless once its lv5, not really much reason to up it more than that(but we do it anyways).

The Stables have become more balanced due to the new pet damage increases, keep in mind guild buildings max out at lvl 50 so the boost the building give get fairly big.
although guild hall maxes out at 30
this can and may change.
(10-04-2015, 01:42 PM)Mythic Wrote: The Stables have become more balanced due to the new pet damage increases.

This argument makes no sense. Stable's bonus was never changed while pe'ts base damage was.

Following that logic, if you increase base exp of mob, altars become more balances. So if you increase inferno tier, suddenly altars add more exp and thus is better/balanced. That makes no sense.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
(10-04-2015, 02:10 PM)Brouwer Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 01:42 PM)Mythic Wrote: The Stables have become more balanced due to the new pet damage increases.

This argument makes no sense. Stable's bonus was never changed while pe'ts base damage was.

Following that logic, if you increase base exp of mob, altars become more balances. So if you increase inferno tier, suddenly altars add more exp and thus is better/balanced. That makes no sense.

i'm just going by ray logic, he made the pets do about 33-45% of high lvl players total damage thus now stable has more effect when it comes to giving you a damage boost, and training pets has become more relevant now at high lvls, thus the stable is no longer as bad as it was.
Well either way I find if the altar must be buffed in any way, it should only be a additional... .5% per lv, any more than that and it just becomes a bit too powerful since normally the only way you could increase either gold or xp least before orbs now existed, is thru something like account/support/event which are hard to increase.

The fact the altar only ask for stones is kinda a blessing considering.