Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Diamond Sinks
Since there is a growing concern that players are getting too many diamonds daily from mining, we need some new ways to spend them.  The method of adding more choices and possible avenues to spend is a better way to encourage people to spend diamonds and perhaps even buy more instead of potentially nerfing how many people get.

#1:  Diamond Wishing Well.  This has been talked about many times and I think with the increased diamond gain it would be much easier for this to actually happen.  It could affect just your own personal levels instead of the entire guild bonus, so it's not overwhelming.

#2:  Weekly Stone and/or Wood booster.  For x diamonds you get 7 days of +y% stone stone/crystals or logs/gold logs, or x/4 diamonds for 24 hours.  

#3:  Card Pack Discount.  Your daily/weekly/monthly card packs are x% off your first purchase once a day/week/month.  

#4:  Quick Reset.  You can spend x diamonds to fully reset your ascension upgrades or trophy upgrades.

#5:  Sacrifice Booster.  You can spend up to x diamonds daily to boost sacrifice gains by y%, non-linearly.  Sacrifice gains are what you get from sacrificing gold and fish, not the xp you get from SPENDING sacs.

#6:  Card Sleeves.  Upward scaling cost based on amount owned, 170 total available (1 for each mob in the game).  Card sleeves increase the value of card drops from that mob, as well as boost idle DPS against that mob.

#7:  Temporary Valor.  Spend x diamonds daily to get +y temporary Valor levels.  

#8:  Temporary Orb Tiers.  Spend x diamonds to get +1 temporary Orb tier.  Cost is per orb based on current tier.  Subject to existing caps, no 8* orbs exist yet.  Only +1 temporary Orb tier per orb; you can't have one Orb with +4 tiers.

#9:  Diamonds for Packs.  Spend x/y/z diamonds to get pack a/b/c.  Some people will never buy a non-diamond pack directly, but they can justify the cost if they can instead spend diamonds instead of dollars.

#10:  Series Booster.  Spend x diamonds to extend series timer by y seconds for 24 hours.

Most of these features are about temporary boosts -- the orb one in particular can have extreme value for people during most parts of the game and would almost certainly be a big hit.

Numbers for balance reasons have been left out because again people tend to freak out about the numbers and the focus is lost.  I'd like for Ray to seriously consider adding some of these, we can butt-heads about the cost/value ratio if he likes any of them!  I have plenty ideas for more but I don't want to over-saturate a single thread.
(09-25-2018, 12:16 PM)Gandor Wrote: Since there is a growing concern that players are getting too many diamonds daily from mining, we need some new ways to spend them.  The method of adding more choices and possible avenues to spend is a better way to encourage people to spend diamonds and perhaps even buy more instead of potentially nerfing how many people get.

#1:  Diamond Wishing Well.  This has been talked about many times and I think with the increased diamond gain it would be much easier for this to actually happen.  It could affect just your own personal levels instead of the entire guild bonus, so it's not overwhelming.

- Another booster, no opinion for/against it.

#2:  Weekly Stone and/or Wood booster.  For x diamonds you get 7 days of +y% stone stone/crystals or logs/gold logs, or x/4 diamonds for 24 hours.  

-  More or less against this one, you can already spend diamonds for energy if you wanted to spend diamonds towards their gains. And I don't think spending diamonds to get more diamonds would ever happen, because it's either undercutting them so why bother getting the boost or it's giving you more which Ray already has an issue with to many free diamonds.

#3:  Card Pack Discount.  Your daily/weekly/monthly card packs are x% off your first purchase once a day/week/month.  

- Card packs are already useless to purchase, this doesn't seem useful.

#4:  Quick Reset.  You can spend x diamonds to fully reset your ascension upgrades or trophy upgrades.

- I like the idea, but I don't know if it could be balanced to favor both dev and player.

#5:  Sacrifice Booster.  You can spend up to x diamonds daily to boost sacrifice gains by y%, non-linearly.  Sacrifice gains are what you get from sacrificing gold and fish, not the xp you get from SPENDING sacs.

- Meeh

#6:  Card Sleeves.  Upward scaling cost based on amount owned, 170 total available (1 for each mob in the game).  Card sleeves increase the value of card drops from that mob, as well as boost idle DPS against that mob.

- I'd like to see this not as a diamond upgrade but a feature to cards. After you reach a specific cap points (1B as an example, maybe 1M considering the future generation of players) you can binder all of your cards for that mob and start over at 0 tier, with each binder moving the next cap 1000x. So lets the first binder unlocks at 1M. That would remove those cards, give a 10% boost to dps gained from that mobs cards and increase damage to that specific mob by another 10%, and increase the next binders value at 1B cards. Once 1B cards are reached you lose that many cards, and gain a second binder for another +10% dps from that mobs cards and +10% dps specifically to that mob.

Mathing it out, if someone was currently holding 2B cards for every mob that would be roughly a 44% dps increase. 20% dps gains from every mob having it's base damage increased and a stacked 20% boost to each individual mob.

7:  Temporary Valor.
  Spend x diamonds daily to get +y temporary Valor levels.  

- um, no

#8:  Temporary Orb Tiers.  Spend x diamonds to get +1 temporary Orb tier.  Cost is per orb based on current tier.  Subject to existing caps, no 8* orbs exist yet.  Only +1 temporary Orb tier per orb; you can't have one Orb with +4 tiers.

- meeh, I like it but I can't think of a way to both keep it uniform with other temporary boosts without making it either overpowered or overpriced. So for maths sake, I vote no Angel

#9:  Diamonds for Packs.  Spend x/y/z diamonds to get pack a/b/c.  Some people will never buy a non-diamond pack directly, but they can justify the cost if they can instead spend diamonds instead of dollars.

- I like the idea. The packs would have to be nerfed, no spending diamonds to increase your diamond score kinda thing, and it would have to be limited to specific pacs imo for the same reason, but I like this idea.

#10:  Series Booster.  Spend x diamonds to extend series timer by y seconds for 24 hours.

- no you challenge nub Big Grin