Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing suggestion
So I was in party with my friend, went to fish and noticed how we were both sitting next to each other and basically fishing together which gave me an idea, it's nothing great but I was thinking maybe add a thing so you kind of share fishing.
E.g. party member catches fish and that adds to your taxidermy.
My idea is for it to add to taxidermy but NOT to the fish used for sacrafices so that fishing together in a party will be for more than just looks. I also realised though that people could cheat like for example, someone joins party, gets party member to use all their bait and then joins another party and repeats so to avoid that you could add a limit of daily party fishing gains, set it to something like 10-50 taxidermy points/fish from party members a day personally I'd say 20ish not too much but not too little. It would make the pearls (upgrade points) go up faster which might be a bad thing but I was thinking it'd add another reason to go fishing in a party rather than when you're solo. Big Grin 
there's probably some kind of problem with my idea that i didn't think about but yeah, that's my suggestion hope you give it some thought. thanks.
The only issue with it is that it promotes needing to be more active along with someone else being active in your timezone you prefer playing the game at. This would be only useful to competitive players but would cause the casuals to fall so far behind after some time.

Least that the only problem I see with this, maybe something smaller should happen, like slightly higher chance to find higher rarities but nothing involving the taxidermy, otherwise it will feel like a necessity to some players.

I also saying this under the assumption you mean these bonuses only happen if party was to sit together on the fishing screen and not just being in a party in general.
(05-27-2016, 10:23 AM)DorutheDragon Wrote: The only issue with it is that it promotes needing to be more active along with someone else being active in your timezone you prefer playing the game at. This would be only useful to competitive players but would cause the casuals to fall so far behind after some time.

Least that the only problem I see with this, maybe something smaller should happen, like slightly higher chance to find higher rarities but nothing involving the taxidermy, otherwise it will feel like a necessity to some players.

I also saying this under the assumption you mean these bonuses only happen if party was to sit together on the fishing screen and not just being in a party in general.

I meant just being in party together and both online, say one player is asleep so he's logged off then he doesn't get it and if both online you don't have to be fishing together. I had a feeling there was a flaw in my idea which you pointed out for me Smile thanks. It only popped into my head because I saw that if you're fishing at the same time it shows you fishing next to each other xD I still feel that it could still somehow work if done right though. thanks for the feedback Smile
Well a bigger problem is you want it to add to Taxidermy

Think of the Taxidermy like a Fishing License (most of the time the license only applies to the person that got it unless they get a Commercial one, but this is not the point)
*when you get a fishing license you get a quota for that one type of fish that license is for
*you can fish with friends but if they don't have a license it goes on your license, thus by law said fish is your fish, and if you go over the quota you get fined not your friends

So I see Taxidermy more like that, thus your suggestion doesn't work for me.
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
Seems pretty flawed if it's going to have to do with the Taxidermy, perhaps a less influential benefit could be added.

You could have 2-3 people in a 'boat' at any given time, and while each person is in the boat it gives each of them a very, very small chance of increasing the rarity of fish that they catch, or increases their quality by ~5%.
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001

(05-29-2016, 08:30 AM)Level Wrote: Seems pretty flawed if it's going to have to do with the Taxidermy, perhaps a less influential benefit could be added.

You could have 2-3 people in a 'boat' at any given time, and while each person is in the boat it gives each of them a very, very small chance of increasing the rarity of fish that they catch, or increases their quality by ~5%.

it doesn't have to be taxidermy, I was just thinking of ways to make it more interactive since they went through the effort to make it so parties can fish together, it seems like a waste to me otherwise so they should add some way to actually interact.and if they did use taxidermy maybe make it so it only works on fish you can catch. I was thinkinf if it shares the fish meat it'd be OP so it'd need to add something useful but not too op. that's why I was thinking roughly 10-25 a day on taxidermy, it's a boost but not a huge one.