Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Offline Gains
Ok,so to be honest i think that punishing players for going offline for relatively short time periods is really a bad decision and taking their card drops away for example isn't really wise,since you force the players to always keep their PC running anyway because too much is based on your cards bonus.

1)I don't see how the community can be diminished by an offline progress system,if you got to work or sleep and you shut down your pc you won't be less active in the community cause you wouldn't be around at that time anyway so your contribution to the community fun will still be 0 at that point and if someone is going to be like too often offline then he doesn't enjoy his time with the community and probably is just interested in other aspects of the game.

2)I really like Slashed idea and i think it's the only correct way for it to work,maybe raise it to 100% gains for the first 8h offline time(regular work time) then decrease it by 5% every 1-2h until it hits 50% for those that can't log in on weekend or maybe just went for a trip or something like it.If someone reached 50% it stays like that for a certain period of time and goes completly offline after it until the person loges back on.

3)Honestly,the players activity should be based on what the player does in game when he's around and not on how long without a break his browser is runing.If you're around you still can use skills/train pets/send expeditions/chat/do challenges/mine/woodcut/change farming areas people will still be around to do this stuff to get an advantage and there will aslo come PVP/bosses and more unknown to me updates so let's not punish players for not being around when they just can't play anyway.

Players really should be kept online by the content of the game,the friends they made and their desire to rise up and not just by the desire to not be left behind because they don't keep the game runing when they're not playing it anyway.Hope my words will reach ray and he will at least think about it and i hope you guys will like it as well Big Grin
It doesn't sound like a game breaker.... but, I think offline gains should be a fairer bit less then online. Not sure exactly what number-- but you guys are talking 95; 90%...? At 95%-- you could be offline a full 19 days before you'd lose a day's worth of progress vs. someone who is actually logged. 90%-- 10 days to make a day.

I think a week should be the furthest stretch in this aspect... soo.... anything more then 85% or so is IMO overkill. The game needs to still feel like a world; where your pets and character is actually hitting the mob to inflict the dmg. If its just "this is what your skills are, this is what the people in your teams skills are and "expected" dmg--- So here is your xp for the day congrats!"
Thats boring.

RNG is needed for each and every lick preferably-- but if an offline gain is a MUST-- then it should definitely be a "incase my net goes out" situation; not a resort.

I think Zathras brought up an excellent point with the guild full of alts thing. I do believe you would see that eventually in the game with offline gains; I'm sure lots of people already have like 50+ alts heh.. And they'd be leveling without even having to bother with anything. This will be a real issue-- Especially if all these alts are in a guild with only the creator being a real account; once pvp is introduced it could potentially be further a problem.

To me whats being suggested just sounds like cheapened game play. I imagine rows and columns with names; dps; exp gain and its just you check "ok this is what I got yesterday-- oh look my party members BillyBob got 5% less xp then me-- good thing I got those guild personal xp levels" -- like-- I'm picturing the game being reduced to essentially reading score cards. =\

Reinterating, overall-- I don't support offline gains at all. Maybe beef up the rested time to encompass a little longer periods that are more leniant. But, if it is coming to the game..I think it doesn't need to take away the sense of the game being a world and shouldnt reduce it to simply reading your score board every other day or so and only checking in to mine/wc (which, offline xp gains is probably a "gateway drug" to offline mining/wc/etc =\)

Edit: Basically what I'm saying is it reduces the "gameplay" of the game to the level of a text based game in practicality's sense.
---Retired---
Rage,that's why it was proposed that the exp/gold gain lowers with time if the person doesn't log back on in a certain period of time so you won't stay at those 95% for 19 days.

P.S. who the hell has 50 alts? Smile)
The 90%+ they're talking is ONLY for exp and gold, you would miss all the cards. And that's a lot of damage you're not getting, so you will have a slower progression compared to a full party of 24/7. (not to mention auto-clickers)

If someone really makes a guild full of offline alts, it will be crap. Would you collect stones/logs on all of them? And they'd be a lot weaker than other people around their level (because of 0, or close to it, cards).

This change won't make being online all the time useless, it still gives you card (aka damage) advantage. All it does is reduce the gap between those 2 kind of players.
The cards probably won't get taken out or you'll screw up every player that will play it on the mobile market when the game will be launched on ios/android platforms
I am a player that has had internet issues and been offline for long periods of time. days at a time for work.
I dont think offline gains should be nearly that high 90-100.
I can see 90 for the first hour, then drop 5 percent per hour from there. till hit 30?
Are we talking about removing rest time also? otherwise this would be insane. i go offline gain 90 percent of gold xp. come back every 6 hours for 6 hours and repeat.
also as it is. when 1 party member drops gold and xp gets split 3 ways. This way still goes 4 ways with the 4th guy doing less damage. and well slow down killing lets say inf 109. so really rest of group would get less xp/gold per hour?

Also it kills any chance to move up. people above you will always be above u even if they quit? since they will always get solo xp? couldnt zzz out people that quit just end up using bandwith for no reason at all forever? and would be helpful for lets say level 200 find that 450 level that quit and leech xp and gold while that guy is zzz out still doing 90 percent damage?
Make and orb.. that will increase how much damage/xp/gold and how long you can be zzz out for bonus?
but really there needs to be a limit how long you can be zzz beofre game kicks you. otherwise in 6-12 months you will have timers,damage/xp/gold totals game has to keep track of for those that are under level 30 that tried game and left
Suggestion:

Get additional XP gain from offline gain and card gain from what a player selected a monster in an area of the map.
Why does it also have to affect online people? And why do you want to remove inferno tiers? I think the offline gains is a good idea but it does not worth it if it makes the online part less fun. Also how will click and abilities work?