Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Introduction to Myself
Hello community of Idle Online Universe! 

My name is Kim. I am a Community Manager helping Ray for the next couple of weeks with making this gaming experience for you guys as pleasant and problem-free as possible. I will be reading your suggestions / ideas / problems on the forum to bringing the good ones to light so that we can make the improvements necessary to make the game as fun as possible and to keep this wonderful community together once we reach the new service. I am also reading and answering tickets to the best of my knowledge. The ticketing system is there for issues that may be experienced while playing the game, so if you have any concerns or problems, feel free to open up a ticket and let us know what's up! 

I look forward to chatting with you guys! 

Kim
Welcome Kim! Big Grin

Thanks for the work.

Btw, to spare yourself some time I've got a list of all the "good" suggestions kept here
Welcome Kim!

Have fun and good luck!
Vosavo,

wow, that is quite the list of suggestions....Thank you for all that effort. I will definitely give it a read Big Grin Also, I like your signature “If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't understand it yourself.”

Mylo,
Thanks, I appreciate the warm welcome Smile
Welcome Kim Smile

You'll notice not a lot of people are on the forum, but some very decent suggestions have been made.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay Smile
Welcome.

Make me a super hero.
Welcome to the team, Kim. It has been lovely having you on board so far. Keep up the good work!
lol Get Ray to give us a 1:1 ratio on currency of where we live on purchasing diamonds. $36 for a $25 pack now means, I won't buy any more packs until the Canadian dollar goes back up...lol but it's supposed to drop to maybe 50 cents on the US Dollar. For a resource such as AP that isn't manufactured of purchased in real life. Giving us a 1:1 ratio, isn't unreasonable. He clearly see's where we live when we purchase diamonds, so it isn't like anyone would try and pay in the cheaper currency.

I'm assuming that the majority of players are American and Euro, and a fraction are Canadian players. So I get why, he probably won't bother to level the playing field in purchases. However, as a long time player, it just isn't worth it anymore to invest with the current rates. TBH it hasn't been worth it in the past either lol but as the gap grows, I'm left with no choice but to tap out as a paying player and go back to f2p.

edit.
For instance PS4, online gaming. Cost 50 US dollars, however when you purchase it as a Canadian it amounts to 50 Canadian dollars and not the converted amount. So it is being done and isn't a ridiculous concept.
(01-21-2016, 01:39 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: lol Get Ray to give us a 1:1 ratio on currency of where we live on purchasing diamonds. $36 for a $25 pack now means, I won't buy any more packs until the Canadian dollar goes back up..

Whilst I can completely understand and sympathise with your frustration, currency conversion is handled by our various payment processors (kongregate, facebook, paypal, etc). So there's not much we can do about that (beside, I suppose, impacting the global economy) Tongue
(01-21-2016, 02:02 PM)Alice Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 01:39 PM)CRIMSONKING Wrote: lol Get Ray to give us a 1:1 ratio on currency of where we live on purchasing diamonds. $36 for a $25 pack now means, I won't buy any more packs until the Canadian dollar goes back up..

Whilst I can completely understand and sympathise with your frustration, currency conversion is handled by our various payment processors (kongregate, facebook, paypal, etc). So there's not much we can do about that (beside, I suppose, impacting the global economy) Tongue

Ray's Canadian. A direct payment to him from a fellow Canadian would not need any conversions would it? Why doesn't he set something up for his Canadian players. Ray's a smart guy, I'm sure if he wanted to he could implement a change; I think he just doesn't want to. Btw this problem isn't only on this game, as the currencies differentiate more, more posts from Canadians are popping up for virtual items over the net. Items that have no real value but are treated as if they do based on rates. If Ray stated he prefers to make more money selling in USD as opposed to 1:1 ratio to Canadian dollars, that's fine. But to beat around the bush as to why it is that way is laughable. If PS4 can implement it, I'm sure Ray could.