Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
pets are RIDICUOLUSLY under-P late game.
Exclamation 
Ridiculous, I say.
Because--- I do ~350-400M+ DPS active.
Meanwhile, my pets are pumping out a combined...what ... 4M? maybe...probably less.

We're talking less then 1% dmg here.

If I just deleted my pets and ran without them, it'd take over 100 days to be down one level from that hindrance.

In a years time, I will be 3 levels higher (max, if lucky) because of my pets.
Not much considering by then I'd be level hmm 700 or higher? =\

Pets are trash, horribly under-P

Quite frankly I feel sorry for people who spent money getting Rexes or better.
---Retired---
Yes, they need a new rebalance as the challenges milestone changes increased the difference from auto/click to pet damage by a lot.
I have to agree, pets just don't show much promise if at all once you dive high enough into inferno, they probably do ok before that, but in the high numbers of inferno, they just don't stack up well against how much we improved vs. the pets.

Here also a big problem pets have... their improvement rate on critical damage, critical chance, and double chance is so horrid that the only good PP upgrade to do is base damage. By the time you can improve these other parts of the pet to a reasonable level, you don't need it...

There lots of things wrong with them, including the fact crit+double doesn't work in arena, further proves base damage only thing on pet that matters, abilities do not affect them, speed stat = useless, etc.
I think this is so obvious that it doesn't even need a thread xD
Ray said that after the server move he definitely plans to do something with pets.

When will that be?
No clue.
You can usually find me here!
They'll probably get another buff in 2017 don't worry m8.
This has been obvious for months, didn't really need another thread. Suggestions are one thing, getting Ray to actually do something about the suggestions is an entirely separate world.

I see pets like this:
They are present from the start of the game. Being with the player for as long as they have been playing, they should do multitudes more damage than what they currently do. The entire system of spending months and months developing pets for next to nothing is pointless. Spending 6 months developing my character to do x amount of damage is one thing, spending 6 months doing the same to pets to have them do <5% of x damage is a joke.

Ray is lucky the game did as well as it did. Other games that have had developers postponing content and balance changes for months on end have failed miserably and gotten horrible ratings. It's one thing to put something off a week, but some things in IOU have been put off for upwards of half a year and more. Yes Ray has his reasons for doing it, and maybe they are decent reasons but very few people are going to put up with that type of developer behavior for long. IOU is only highly rated due to it being inaccurately hyped up by the casual playerbase. Take a few long term(7 months-1 year players) ask them how happy they are about how long it takes for new content to make it in game compared to other thriving MMOs out there(In this case specifically on Kongregate), it'd be 1 star ratings across the board.
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

I mainly see my pets as a vainity thing. I love the feeling of trying to achieve that cooler looking pet, for months and months, and finally getting that first transformation. DPS upgrade is NOT why I do it. I do understand, however, people who see this as futile and will not put in the effort of doing so.
Even so, I would still invest in pets if I was them, as it is unavoidable that a positive nerf will arrive eventually.
I think pets were quite good in the levels 200-250 range. My DPS was <1M and pets were doing almost 20% of my dps (two robobees, 250k each).

But your personal DPS grows so much faster than the pets because of the cards, they're just left behind. Now with two brains hitting at 700k+ each, it's ridiculously low when my normal hits are 12m+.

Giving them a percentage of your personal damage bonus would (barely) help; the only solution is a revamp of the PP shop so that we can give them some x2 and crits. And I still can't believe special hits don't work in arena...
Maybe we can come up with a better equation rather then +5% bonus every Ilvl.
I've attempted an equation here: https://iourpg.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1814

It'll hopefully tremendously increase later levels where the pets are useless, while barely touching pre-Infernos. <- when the pets are useful.
There's a lot of open discussion that we'll be having in February after stability settles with the new service release. Pets, Offline Gains, Hindrance system, content expansions, guild buildings, etc. Trust me in that I know the issue is there and it's not being ignored. Priorities are being spent on the service transfer, and when that's over, i'll be pushing out those nice big changelogs again.