Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Keeping track of donations in guild,
this is a double-edged sword and mostly comes down to personal preference

Guilds are supposed to be more than just a group. Everyone gives something to the guild and receives something. Both aspects have many and very different options.
What can you give to the guild:
 * Knowledge
 * Help lower members
 * Atmosphere (e.g. just by talking much in the guild chat)
 * Stones

What can you get from the guild:
 * Knowledge
 * Help with progress
 * Boosts (Buildings and Upgrades)

What you don't want are leechers who just join a guild, take everything but do not give anything back. I'd be perfectly fine with a member who does not contribute a single stone but instead helps everyone and is present and talkative in the guild chat. Same the other way around. Contributing stones but not much else would be ok for me, although I'd favour the other extreme.
Adding this information would help to identify contributing members that are not that present in the chat.
On the other hand guild masters may force members to contribute stones.

I do not see this as a huge problem though. Guilds have different goals. 
A very competitive guild who wants to be number one may force contributions. But every member of such a guild probably has a mindset which is ok with doing that because it fits the guild goal.
Other guilds who are not that competitive probably won't force contributions. I know several guilds who just level up buildings without a system. Everyone just invests where he likes. These guilds are very unlikely to then force contributions
"Sir, we are surrounded" - "Excellent, then we can attack in all directions!"

Messages In This Thread
RE: Keeping track of donations in guild, - RammboNr5 - 07-27-2015, 07:58 PM