Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SEEKING FEEDBACK]Content Suggestion
Idea: Charms System

General concept: Find life spanned charms lasting X amount of days via challenges, boss fights, or regular mob kills. The charms would provide varying degrees of generally powerful buffs and bonuses.

Other ideas relating: 
1. Would provide an opportunity to open a trade market between players. Have the game do some common math to determine the gold and/or resource value of charms, and setup a way for players to trade these charms between themselves.
2. It would probably be best to limit the amount of charms a player can hold at any given time, maybe something like 3-5 charms, even specialized for certain specs and limited to only equipping one of each spec charm.
3. I know Ray has said that at the moment there's not really any plans in motion for there to be trade between players, and it's understandable. However I think something like this would break away from a traditional in game market, while providing another fun aspect of gameplay for players to enjoy.

Any feedback is welcomed, bring it trolls  Wink
Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it, cannot be conquered by it.
"...varying degrees of generally powerful buffs and bonuses." This begs the question as to what is considered "powerful" To some a certain charm would be too overpowered but to another they will be crap altogether. As to point 1, Ray setting prices using an equation raises the problem of another thing for Ray to balance. Also, trading between players is a huge issue with currency. You could make 5 alts to gather these charms and then trade them to a main who would sell all of them for awesome gold gain. And any trading mechanic brings about how unfair it will be for new players as veterans who want even remotely good charms would be paying top dollar and no new player could get the top notch ones except by VERY rare chance. And if a high level player gives a low level a ton of money because they happen to get a great charm, then that low level player has a ton of gold now which will level them much faster than intended. The system could be abused to transfer a measly (in the eyes of a high level) 100mil from a 200 to a say level 10, who would be having really high upgrades for his level. Then the system begs the question, how rare will they be? Making them more rare than cards means you won't even really get them for a very long time making them useless to new players, but if you make them too common, they will be worthless and they will be inflating stats non-stop. And if they are common enough to drop again in the time limit, the whole time limit is pointless. I like the idea of the system, but in order for it to work you would need to eliminate trading aspects and do a LOT of balancing. Which all that would likely be a very work intensive process to make, and with just Ray seems unlikely to be implemented. Just my thoughts.
~~Proud Leader of Eden Regenesis~~
"Only through power and cooperation can we re-grow the original Eden"
(07-20-2015, 03:56 AM)Azukana Wrote: "...varying degrees of generally powerful buffs and bonuses."  This begs the question as to what is considered "powerful"  To some a certain charm would be too overpowered but to another they will be crap altogether.  As to point 1, Ray setting prices using an equation raises the problem of another thing for Ray to balance.  Also, trading between players is a huge issue with currency.  You could make 5 alts to gather these charms and then trade them to a main who would sell all of them for awesome gold gain.  And any trading mechanic brings about how unfair it will be for new players as veterans who want even remotely good charms would be paying top dollar and no new player could get the top notch ones except by VERY rare chance.  And if a high level player gives a low level a ton of money because they happen to get a great charm, then that low level player has a ton of gold now which will level them much faster than intended.  The system could be abused to transfer a measly (in the eyes of a high level) 100mil  from a 200 to a say level 10, who would be having really high upgrades for his level.  Then the system begs the question, how rare will they be? Making them more rare than cards means you won't even really get them for a very long time making them useless to new players, but if you make them too common, they will be worthless and they will be inflating stats non-stop.  And if they are common enough to drop again in the time limit, the whole time limit is pointless.  I like the idea of the system, but in order for it to work you would need to eliminate trading aspects and do a LOT of balancing.  Which all that would likely be a very work intensive process to make, and with just Ray seems unlikely to be implemented.  Just my thoughts.

One of the main things I mentioned was limiting the amounts and types of charms a person could carry altogether. Kind of limits rooms for abuse by multi, minus being able to farm for good charms on multiple characters, which by my plan would still require you to not only do the leg work of finding the charms, but also acquiring the system determined value to trade it between characters. The limit on how many you could hold, and the method by which you are able to trade would hinder most of all the abuse situations you just brought up.

The way I imagine it, the charms would be both powerful and rare(dont ask me how powerful, or how rare, I'm not here to discuss math) both to make it a worthwhile endeavor to find them, as well as a worthwhile investment if you were in the market to purchase one from another player, and to justify whatever costs the system has set for said charm.

There's nothing about game creation that's NOT a work intensive process, the fact that something like this would require a lot of work shouldn't be what you base your decisions on, the idea is more or less to inspire creative interaction between the community and the creator so that together we can respectively enjoy, and create a world that everybody wants to be a part of. I'm not by any means complaining about the way the party or guild system has been implemented, but as it stands its generally hard to get new players into an existing guild of people due to level restrictions and the like. This type of limit isn't what I would consider beneficial to anyone's ability to form a working guild. What we end up with is what you see now, people refusing to help anyone smaller than them, and keeping their guild doors closed. Implementing something of this nature wouldnt allow for immediate trade between players at extreme differences in size, but it would allow people to help each other in different ways, and promote networking between the community.
Akuzuna brings up a ton of solid points,

*Varying Buffs -> Players will optimize for whatever they can determine the 'best' is : Balancing issues
*Trading is a giant No No -> Currently players are allowed to play multiple characters as long as they don't abuse systems with them. Introducing any trade system just makes it possible for people to utilize alts to boost their oldest acct and/or boost the crap out of their newer accts.

But I do have a couple other points -

*Crafting system is in the roadmap, which will be hopefully be something that will give some relief about equipment.
*Card system is RNG, but gives a singular bonus (if you like RNG systems)
*Saying 'bring it trolls' is so odd and pessimistic

But not to be rude, if charms are you jam, here's a revison:

Charm System :

Each stage completed in the Pet Arena has a chance to drop a Charm Base. (A/B/C)
Charm Bases determine type of bonus.
Players then use the Charm Bases on a workbench to convert them into completed Charms.
Workbenches are leveled up utilizing wood. Workbench levels(or upgrades) increase possible magnitude of charm bonus & decrease creation time of the completed charm, increase chance of higher tier charm.
Higher Tiers of Charms give longer duration, and small bonus to magnitude of bonus.
ex: Workbench 5/1/2 would make any charm from +2 ~ +5 at normal refine/create speed.
Completed Charms can either be equipped (which starts their decay timer) or sold for wood.
(07-20-2015, 05:04 AM)Omnia0001 Wrote: Akuzuna brings up a ton of solid points,

*Varying Buffs -> Players will optimize for whatever they can determine the 'best' is : Balancing issues
*Trading is a giant No No -> Currently players are allowed to play multiple characters as long as they don't abuse systems with them. Introducing any trade system just makes it possible for people to utilize alts to boost their oldest acct and/or boost the crap out of their newer accts.

But I do have a couple other points -

*Crafting system is in the roadmap, which will be hopefully be something that will give some relief about equipment.
*Card system is RNG, but gives a singular bonus (if you like RNG systems)
*Saying 'bring it trolls' is so odd and pessimistic

But not to be rude, if charms are you jam, here's a revison:

Charm System :

Each stage completed in the Pet Arena has a chance to drop a Charm Base. (A/B/C)
Charm Bases determine type of bonus.
Players then use the Charm Bases on a workbench to convert them into completed Charms.
Workbenches are leveled up utilizing wood. Workbench levels(or upgrades) increase possible magnitude of charm bonus & decrease creation time of the completed charm, increase chance of higher tier charm.
Higher Tiers of Charms give longer duration, and small bonus to magnitude of bonus.
ex: Workbench 5/1/2 would make any charm from +2 ~ +5 at normal refine/create speed.
Completed Charms can either be equipped (which starts their decay timer) or sold for wood.

Calling out the trolls was more or less a way of saying I expect half the people that read this to just bash it into non existence for no logical reason whatsoever. It's just how people are.

However as far as the revisions you made, alot of it sounds like good ideas, and that's the kind of feedback I'm looking for, thank you.  Shy
Still, it's not very realistic to expect a person to start a new alt and play the whole game over again every time they bring a new friend into the game that wants to be able to play cooperatively with their friends ... 

...There really does need to be something outside of begging for help in challenges that people can do to help each other progress and gain some decent benefits for doing the work involved. The limited trade was an idea to address this, and I don't understand why everyone instantly associates any type of trading system with being subject to mass abuse, if people are limited in the amount they can hold and the values are dictated to them, it doesn't leave much room for such abuse, only leaves an option for growth.
But helping out beginners is the job of guilds. I can remove myself from the higher up guild i run and joi na baby guild i run to up its buildings. THere isn't anything saying I can't go build up a guild specifically to help new players. I realize the want for a way to help and cooperate with players, but any trading seems so hard to balance. Although I think Omnia is onto something with their revision ideas. And as per the crafting system coming out, who knows, maybe you guessed almost exactly what Ray has in store.

Omnia:
Would it be better chance for bases or higher bases or no change at all for beating the higher pet arenas? And my proposal would be to make them only have a chance of dropping if you aren't using fast track, that way people would be encouraged to also get good enough pets, not just neccessarily using a ton of ap only once to permanently have an advantage.
~~Proud Leader of Eden Regenesis~~
"Only through power and cooperation can we re-grow the original Eden"
Azukana: The idea would be that each enemy has equal chance to drop a charm base, so having higher tier unlocks just gives more chances to get charm bases.

Raate:
We already had a stint with guilds and stone donations being abused and Ray having to manually punish guilds before the newer limitations (24 donation wait, need to be in guild to get stone that's donate-able to that guild). A trading system would fall into this same sort of issues and problems, even if you are currently not seeing them. Even for other games, they end up being difficult systems to make bug-proof and not have issues with.
I read that suggestion, but, is the suggestion bad or not? Why?