Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Public API (shooting for the stars with this one)
If I don't express my interest no one will ever know, so here goes.

I'd like to see a public API that allows users to query, in particular, guild member data such as membership list, available stones for a user, cards, level, ascension tier, IOU score, max cleared level... stuff I find myself asking players on a semi-frequent basis.

I know this has like almost no chance of being done, but this forum's for suggestions and that's another one of mine Wink
(07-13-2015, 06:40 AM)Huggz Wrote: If I don't express my interest no one will ever know, so here goes.

I'd like to see a public API that allows users to query, in particular, guild member data such as membership list, available stones for a user, cards, level, ascension tier, IOU score, max cleared level... stuff I find myself asking players on a semi-frequent basis.  

I know this has like almost no chance of being done, but this forum's for suggestions and that's another one of mine Wink

Max cleared level becomes irrelevant after inferno. And, I think available number of stones shouldn't be displayed. Ascension tier is also pretty much irrelevant.

Anyway-- there is an "inspect" button that I think will probably tell IOU of player (probably display their scorecard "stats"); but its use isn't implemented yet.
Yeah, I hope the 'inspect' idea will function like this. I'd definitely love to see cards and specific levels of upgrades (any that function group-wide).
I love this suggestion!
Yea, yea. I know inspect's going to work eventually, but even when it does, I won't be able to programmatically query the inspect data. My end goal would be a web interface, targeted for use in guild management, that displays guild members and progress in certain areas with charts and tables and able to make recommendations about who should party with whom... really, I just love playing with data, but I hate having to gather it manually... Wink
Nice...
An API would be awesome, being that this is the MMO of Idle games and all.

Failing that though, perhaps at the very least what other Idle games have implemented... An export of sorts button that allows us to export our information. Then we can take this (preferably formatted as JSON) data to a 3rd party site, plop it in, and generate some interesting graphs and such.
In any case, this would only be possible through flash/.NET, not PHP/REST api....so I doubt it.
The exporting option would be doable.

Basically a little thing, typically found in settings. Click Export or whatever the button says and it puts in the users clipboard a JSON of the users data - typical stuff, stats, upgrades, etc.
interesting...INTERESTING, I like it.

Bug me again soon, I have bigger fish to fry for the next patch but this is certainly something I wouldn't mind providing.