Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game freezing during certain events
Yeah I can't say anything with full certainty, but the fact that it's occurring when spam-like actions occur, it definitely seems to be the case. I've had this type of issue from torrenting in the past, where the spam of packets flooded my router and caused random apps to not be able to receive packets....and i'm not even talking hundreds of connections, just too many packets for the router to handle.

I bought a new router (i'm not suggesting this! unless you end up with problems on other apps as well), and never had the issue again.

That being said it could be the OS, flash, the browser, firewall / AV, who knows! But all facts presented to us, it definitely seems like packet flooding is preventing the game from working correctly on your end.

There are things I can do personally to improve this as well, but unfortunately I definitely don't have time to hop on these solutions this week. I'll bring them up anyways:

1. Disallowing further packet sending on Mining/Woodcutting until the response from the first chop/dig is returned. Ping-Pong, instead of Ping x20, Pong x20 back. It will slow the speed of tradeskilling down based on a user's connection speed, but could rectify this issue completely.
2. Parties could be on a timer for responded attacks, built up into a queue and send in intervals. Instead of receiving packets of each attack instantly, there would be, say, a 1/10th of a second queue, which would send all the attacks that have occurred up to that point in a single packet.

I already intended on setting up #2 for the future for 10 to 40+ player battles, so it's just a matter of time before this gets implemented.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game freezing during certain events - Ray - 07-13-2015, 04:31 AM