Poll: What are your thoughts on zone-advance costs?
Woodcutting AP cost is too high
Mining AP cost is too high
Woodcutting Gold cost is too high
Woodcutting Gold cost is too low
Woodcutting Gold cost is fine
Mining log cost is too high
Mining log cost is too low
Mining log cost is fine
Woodcutting AP cost is fine
Mining AP cost is fine
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mining and Woodcutting Zone-Advance Costs
Hello,

This is a suggestion about re-balancing some of the costs to progress in woodcutting zones or in mining depths. I don't have exact numbers, but I do have general feedback:

The AP costs to advance in a woodcutting zone or mining depth are way too high, especially in the later zones. Does anybody actually use AP to advance? I mean, maybe if you sink a lot of money into AP, but that's a pretty inefficient use of it. It almost seems like a joke more than anything.

For woodcutting, it seems that the amount of money you spend to advance a zone is actually too low. I barely bat an eye at the expense. It probably wouldn't be a popular re-balance, but, like AP costs for zones, it seems like a joke right now.  Tongue

Log costs to advance a mining depth seem fine to me.

I would love some feedback from the rest of you guys, and whether or not you have similar or different views from me.
I think,

Woodcutting is fine as it is. Sure early on its hard to get the Gold to unlock the Next Tree, but after a while, u dont notice the Gold Cost, at all.

Mining is a HUGE Problem, i think.
- Way to high Log Cost
- WAAAAAAYYYY to high AP Cost, to be honest, the AP Cost, are just Insane

I think Mining needs a Rework, specialy since Guild Buildings only cost Stones...
If you could Spent both, Stones and Wood, or even Gold... it would be fine...
(06-21-2015, 04:05 AM)Lightshard Wrote: Woodcutting is fine as it is. Sure early on its hard to get the Gold to unlock the Next Tree, but after a while, u dont notice the Gold Cost, at all.

Mining is a HUGE Problem, i think.
- Way to high Log Cost
- WAAAAAAYYYY to high AP Cost, to be honest, the AP Cost, are just Insane

Gold cost is too little in my opinion. Yeah, early on it's a bit harder, but like I said in my OP, it becomes chump change. The AP cost is what needs to get redone first and foremost, and the gold cost could be increased, especially for later trees.

Perhaps mining log costs could get a nerf.
I think i remember Ray once saying that the high differences between each of APs use-cases are purely intentional.
You can either try and find out where it's best spent, or you can just dump every single one into mining or wherever, if you like.

Also, since you can buy AP directly for $ (packs or by just converting bought diamonds), lowering AP cost would lead to ppl being able to gain insanely high woodcutting / mining levels with like 10 bucks, which'd be sincerely unbalanced.

Wood gold costs are ok i guess, it's just giving its status as the limiting factor to total logs gathered.

And i don't think you're supposed to have level 50 guild buildings in a day, but you can always get the ascension 2x NRG upgrade if you want more stone.
Since stone is so valuable, it seems fine as is.
Do you think that is expensive?

Any of you have critical chance or double attack to lvl 100+? Double attack gives 0.01% per lvl and costs 86,4M to lvl it to 119. If it still give 0.01% forever (I hope so) you will need to have double attack at around lvl 7500 to have 100% chance, and according to the description, we can have a 200% (100% triple attack) with only 10k lvls more.
I think the current AP costs (for zone progress) are fine - Wood and Stone have significant value now. Wood zones end up being more limited by total wood warmed over the gold cost of advancing, and mining depths are dictated by wood costs over AP. This allows for deeper progress to slow down unless people focus ascension points (and active play) towards these sub-systems over combat.

The only area that's a bit crazy for its costs would be the +max NRG upgrades for woodcutting/mining, it feels like it costs scale too fast for a linear +max NRG, which makes taking the +1 NRG regen option force more active play to net a benefit from it.