Poll: Is that good?
Yep!
Meh...
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indicators in the page title
Hi, I'd like to make a suggestion.

It would be really nice if the game updated the title bar with short indicators for:
-new chat msg (it would make the chats more responsive since most people don't look at the game all the time)
-doing challenge (sometimes waiting for people for group challenges takes really long and some just simply don't do click/skill dps)
-max energy/expedition complete/pet training available (for time efficiency)

What do you think about that?
This is actually a neat idea, but unfortunately the game is hosted in multiple places, and will soon be playable publicly on different devices. In that i'm trying to keep the code as similar and smooth as possible between all of this to keep maintenance levels down so focus can be invested towards features over unique group functionality.

I say this because this would only be possible on iourpg.com, and no where else.
But quick question: Can that sort of thing be done only via flash or can it be done via javascript (by getting variable values or values returned by methods from flash for example)? If the 2nd option is true, you could just get this with js without much changing of the version. Yes, it would still only work on iourpg.com site but there would be no(or very little) changing code of the game itself with that kind of solution.
Might there be a loophole in this with adding a third audio toggle? (Assuming most people keep the music and sfx OFF currently.)

Could there be an 'Event Sound Notification' toggle that would chime only for new chat message, challenge initiation, maybe level up, etc.?

Browser tabs have a speaker icon showing which tab is producing sounds, so that might serve as a catch-all (catch some?) substitute.

Rock on.
(06-16-2015, 08:30 AM)Analog Wrote: Might there be a loophole in this with adding a third audio toggle? (Assuming most people keep the music and sfx OFF currently.)

Could there be an 'Event Sound Notification' toggle that would chime only for new chat message, challenge initiation, maybe level up, etc.?

Browser tabs have a speaker icon showing which tab is producing sounds, so that might serve as a catch-all (catch some?) substitute.

Rock on.

I like this one as well. Also it could be some kind of full-fledged audio dashboard with toggling auto dmg sounds, sound of mobs dying etc. Big Grin