Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Option: Popups On/Off
Id really, really, really like the ability to turn popup notifications off, completely. I don't want levelup popups, clix are empty notification popups, or even chest reward popups (for chest rewards, just drop them onto the screen like gold and card drops from monster kills). 

To me, popups simply require me to do more clicks for no benefit what so ever. There are so many alternatives to popups (onscreen messages, etc) that they really have almost no use. In fact, the only popups should be confirmation popups for important and rare things: Do you want to leave the guild ? (Not currently a popup). Perhaps a premium currency related popup or two.   But that is quite literally it.

If you've been around the net back in ~1995 till about 2005, popups were all the rage. On websites. In games. Whatever and wherever. That has by and large come to a complete stop. Why? Because they are frustrating and add no value. In fact, on screen / in place messages often are more effective.
Agreed. I think the majority of popups are unnecessary, and slow the client down if they get stacked.

Even the level up notice (ability window) could be moved to the notification bar, so newer players won't forget to click it to see their available points to spend.

Rock on.