Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to calculate the best palce to idle
So , basically what the title says. How can I find out what the best place to idle is for me? I use two characters and usually try to *cough*use*cough* find another party member to team up with. I'm guessing you have to just somehow time it to determine what's best, but if so then how should I go about it?
Simple ballpark would work. See how long a monster takes to kill and how much xp and gold it gives. Experiment, and see which mob around you is the best. Don't forget though, that every 25th+ mob gives additional xp and gold.
In general, a good place to be is the highest 26th mob (25 is a boss, so the next one after that) that you can beat treasures on.

This will give the most gold/hour. Treasures are a significant boost to gold, and for the most part (math gets complicated) the 25th level guys have a higher gold/hp ratio than the 25th guy below them.
Zieg asked Chatzy to choose between work and play iourpg. Chatzy chose: play iourpg
Zieg brings up good points -- it depends on your specific goal (or your party's compromised goals).

The answers could be different depending on if you are prioritizing exp, gold, cards, or combo.

Best way to find out is to record your gained gold/exp after a set amount of time fighting at the same level. Try it a few times and average the data. The 25th(+1) level bonus is a good place to start testing and adjust from there. Keep in mind that your data will vary due to random party members, but you should get a good sense for your optimal range.

And to clarify, the bonus isn't only for every 25th level -- its a larger bonus starting at every 25th level, so 57 might give a better net rate for you than 51, for example.

Rock on.
Ok yeah, if you want to get down to it Tongue

Gold per coin = (HuntGold+VIPGold+AscGold+eventGold+supportGold+1)*Lev^(1.3+FLOOR(0.04*MIN(Lev,300),1)*0.015)*RestedRate*((1.4/PartySize)*(ASCParty/100+1))*1.5

While HP is just ((LVL^2)+5)*(1-(HP reduction/100))

Your mileage may vary, but if you plot gold/hp you get a chart similar to this

[Image: ADupK5f.png]

It can be a little misleading though. This doesn't take into account how long it takes something to spawn (1 second or so). But that mostly causes issues if you were to be killing things in a single shot.

Really your best bet, as Analog said, is to track it yourself and see what suits your needs the best.
Zieg asked Chatzy to choose between work and play iourpg. Chatzy chose: play iourpg
Thanks for the help guys! Anyways I have a question about gold though. With xp I can hover over it to get the exact amount, but that doesn't happen with gold. Also the value's always hidden behind "K" since the entire number would probably be too big. Is there a way to see your entire gold count exactly? This would make it easier to get an accurate rate of gold as well as xp with shrter times, if possible I'd like to know, if not, all well.
When you collect a coin there will be a text showing it's exact worth.
(06-10-2015, 12:16 PM)Wq9ill Wrote: When  you collect a coin there will be a text showing it's exact worth.

Well I'd want to idle it for a set amount of time then be able to see how much I got. There's things that throw off the coin counts like triple chance and it seems like it isn't always the same amount regaardless, and unless I watched and counted how many things I killed I couldn't use that methd to get an accurate estimate of how much gold was made.
(06-10-2015, 05:23 PM)itsme Wrote:
(06-10-2015, 12:16 PM)Wq9ill Wrote: When  you collect a coin there will be a text showing it's exact worth.

Well I'd want to idle it for a set amount of time then be able to see how much I got. There's things that throw off the coin counts like triple chance and it seems like it isn't always the same amount regaardless, and unless I watched and counted how many things I killed I couldn't use that methd to get an accurate estimate of how much gold was made.

Not sure if there is a way to see that much resolution in current gold amount.

Rounding to the nearest 1K or 1M should be sufficient. Technically, even the individual coin drop is probably a decimal but the client displays it as an integer. (Just my guess, maybe it does round to whole numbers.)

There will be enough variation to not have to worry about that fraction of a percent anyway. Unless you are timing pretty short runs, you could probably just leave treasure spawns active (since being able to idle through those is a common goal) then average everything out. Keep in mind which timed runs had treasures active and which did not, as that will skew results more than the gold amount can.

I think only the party leader's treasure spawn option matters, so be sure to visually or verbally confirm if you are not the leader for your data.

In practice, it wouldn't need to be this detailed to gauge which levels to hunt, but it might give you a drop off threshold or clarify if +/- 25 levels is worth it.

Rock on.
(06-10-2015, 05:23 PM)itsme Wrote:

3x and varying coin count happen on every stage though, so they don't really matter. All you need to know is gold/hp, considering spawn time and whether or not you can kill treasures.