Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Value of AP
I wonder why there is no fixed exchange rate AP <=> gold.

For woodcutting upgrades 1 AP is worth 10 logs across all skills.

Here are some samples for AP value in gold:
Auto Base Damage level 29 -> 22 AP or 2,7M gold
Auto Speed level 7 -> 16 AP or 26,2M gold
Unlock Forest #7 -> 250 AP (!) or 1,35M gold

AP value compared to gold costs seem to be quite random.
I agree, but there could be reason for it to seem so random. If an ability is more accessible by AP then gold, it is more beneficial for people who donate money to the game.
my advice just spend ap on Base damage or spd upgrade , best option !
(03-04-2015, 03:18 AM)WhiteK Wrote: my advice just spend ap on Base damage or spd upgrade , best option !

Best option is obvious in my example.

The problem is - no matter if one got his AP one by one or buy them with $ - one can make a wrong decision, because of confusing exchange rates.

Actual example:
Coin count level 5: 500 AP or 50M gold
Auto Speed level 8: 18 AP or >53M gold

With higher levels the exchange rate spreads wider. I think it's a problem, that one can invest 10$ or 100$ for exactly the same outcome just by making different decisions to buy skill A with gold and skill B with AP or the other way round.
Well hopefully people use logic though before spending their AP points. If they look and see that the same AP equals much more gold for that upgrade, it's obviously the better choice. Hoard your gold for cheaper upgrades and save AP for speed and such that have ridiculous gold amounts accompanied with them.
if u said like that then i should put all my AP in speed ? no thanks after lv 10 it +0.5% each lv which is not very much :3
I've got to say, it may not look like much, but if you do the math, there are times it will be good. As with any of Ray's games, I made an excel book for doing calcs of efficiencies.

http://i.imgur.com/wuPaTC4.png

Might be a bit difficult to understand without seeing the formulas behind it all. The highlighted sections indicate the "most efficient" use of gold or AP. While Speed generally isnt worth it for the gold, if you look at AP, currently for me its just behind base damage for % increase in DPS per AP spent.
It might not seem to make sense, but some upgrades simply have a different value to where I would prefer some upgrades to be done by gold. If someone wants to bypass that investment on some upgrades, it will be a lot more costly with ap, while for others, it's cheaper. Herding!