Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community Discussion Q&A Responses
Full list of the Community Discussion serious questions and answers formatted with spelling and grammatical errors fixed.

Community Q&A #1 (3/10/16)

Q: Hey, my question is can the IOU team expand on 'dead' late game content and what they plan on doing? (I'm talking about expeditions and  trophies). Also is there any plans to change up the leveling system? Once you get to 400+ it seems like levels don't really matter anymore

Ray: Yeah, as with the topic you created on the forum asking players what they would like to see, and the roadmap...there's "plans". The issue we've had this year with adding new systems has majorly been the art-defect of having to wait for this Kongregate sponsored art-house to complete assets...so we have looked for other things to work on while waiting.

I'm pretty tired of waiting though, and with this upcoming double event, we're going to be looking at utilizing commercial assets temporarily to get started on these things.

Whether that's end-game content will be up to the communities desires.

Q: Any ETA on the beast orb? Or any news about it yet?

Ray: We're currently linking a few things into the newer Broadcasting system we designed to link all servers into the same logic for bigger systems like the global chat, notifications, bingo, automatic maintenance, and more. Before it was probably more of a dream than a possibility to run beasts in the sense that I had anticipated by having global beasts with real-time updating on the status game-wide.

This is something that is more possible and with fine-tuning to the broadcasting system, and a solid goal as to what we want to do with Beasts, there isn't anything major in the way of that now.

Q: Do you know exactly when match 3 will end?

Ray: As soon as the next event begins. We're set back at least a couple days due to the weather here. I had mentioned between the 2-5th, but it's more likely the 7th-9th if i'm being realistic at this point.

We expect testing on the new event to begin tomorrow and we'll have a better estimate of that.

Q: Will we get more maps like the pet map? Trophies and ascension point upgrades could use a similar system.

Ray: Not in sight. We are looking at rehauls but not targeting similar maps to the pet map. There's some oversights in the current upgrade map design that we already need to look at rectifying (arena vs non-arena separation for example). I think we could put something far more simple, yet a much more expanded version of existing systems without a massive upgrade map.

Q: Creating events seems to take a lot of development time... have you considered offering monthly packs (including ep) without running events?

Ray: We are looking at weekly deals & bonuses (xp bonus, gold bonus, double SO gains, etc), but not looking at offering EP packs outside of released events currently

Listat: Ray mentioned on road map "Weekly Bonus & Deals, randomly generated deals and in-game bonuses (XP, gold, sarifices, cards, etc) to be made each week

Q: This is pretty simple, but is somewhat tied to marketing, which we aren't quite focused on at the moment until the graphic rehaul is more complete."  i would like to know if it is about cash deals or for example buying with diamonds?

Ray: Since we haven't started working on such a thing, maybe both (or including the ability to buy randomly generated things with gold, ap, etc)? Seems like a nice idea. We only have the thought of the system, not a full design plan at the moment, for the above written reason - not a focus just yet

Q: Are we FINALLY done with temporary content? Got any plans for fixing pet map or are we stuck with this?

Ray: Temporary content? I'm not sure what is meant here.

Yes we know how annoyed some players are with the upgrade map and I don't disagree. When we can make cleaning that up a focus, we'll look at a multitude of solutions to simplify it for the arena-vs-non-arena, among other changes if they can be done simply

Done with events? no

Q: Is there going to be a set policy on using packets, if this is going to be reflected in the official ToS. Have you considered doing player based content polls? Or for deciding which of the updates the community thinks you should be focusing on?

Ray: I've talked about adding in-game poll systems, and it really wouldn't take long to add. Perhaps we can get that going this month, as discord/facebook/kong ...asking outside of the game official makes things a little biased.

Regarding ToS, it believe it covers and protects the game as-is. I may discuss white-listing in the future

Q: Any interest in some type of challenge mode for the 4 player Party Group to do?

Ray: I think that could/would better tie into post-inferno content, in regular play against much harder boss-style monsters, not challenges.

Q: Will we ever get mining/wood gain bonus on events again?

Ray: Yes, as mentioned we are looking at randomly generated weekly bonuses, and these would tie into that

Q: Will we see 6 man parties this year?

Ray: Probably not. I don't see a reason for that in casual idle gameplay, leaving it to challenges

Q: Hello, I'm not quite sure how to interpret this ": -Personal passive bonuses would be scaled and based on the building itself. The overall bonuses would likely be scaled to surpass current rates when combined, since personal bonuses are easier to balance than guild passives" would you mind explaining it in a different way? Also about Guild Bank will you be leaving it or will it have to go away?

Ray: There wouldn't really be point to guild bank with the proposed changes, so they would be rid of. We'll need a discussion solely dedicated to the guild rehaul to come up with an official plan.
  • Basically person bonuses are what you get from YOUR contributions into a building (doesn't matter what guild)
  • Guild bonuses are based on what each player in the guild has invested into it as a total
  • Overall bonuses would then be able to surpass what they are in the current system, as this system would not have the same low-end caps
Again, it's all speculation until we have something more official

Q: What happened to bingo? Will you be looking to add more development staff to get content moving faster?

Ray: We had to scrap bingo as it was and rewrite it with the new broadcasting system to allow everyone to play the same game of bingo. It's actually very far in development (mostly complete, just a couple ugly bugs that have to be dealt with). Jay will be finishing off on cleaning up those bugs soon I imagine.

Q: Can you ask if the wood/stone collecting will ever go back to the way it was where when you press enter on the keyboard it would auto collect where now once a collection is finished you have to click on the tree or stone tile before you can press enter again, thanks.

Ray: Probably not. In fact with the task system i'd like to allow players to just set the task to mining, or woodcutting, and have it perform that while you're playing the actual game, or doing challenges, similar to auto-fishing, except allowing you to perform other actions, and check on the status of the task at any point.

Q: Any plans on making the Crystal sacrifices more rewarding ? Since fishing and gold sacrifices rework they feel kinda worthless

Ray: Crystals primary purpose was to unlock orbs, not to convert to SO's. I have to dig deeper into that issue and figure out whether I want to scrap it as an option or rebalance it

Q: Will there be more stuff to be added to expedition? Also anything else we can use our ascension points for?

Ray: Expedition will be completely rehauled into a different type of system (while still utilizing expedition points).

We definitely need to rehaul ascension (and trophy) upgrades. I would expect that we would expand the options of upgrades, and the caps on them a lot further.

Community Q&A #2 (3/10/16)

Q: Are you taking good care of yourself? Don't put too much strain on yourself Tongue. Not really a question, more a concern regarding the thing about daily/weekly/monthly deals, whichever it was. Especially with plans for PvP, I'm concerned that this game is going to look like a game made by R2Games.

Ray: Actually since my vacation and my return, i've been earning back my health quite well. The daily chaos hasn't improved but adjusting to it. Thanks for asking :-p

The Black Friday event was something similar to what you would see from R2Games, and I learned very quick that no one (including me) was comfortable with that style of marketing. Even with cohorts i've delayed that until we have a stronger proposal to avoid making it something that only p2w can enjoy. Feel free to be concerned, but I don't believe that is the kind of direction we will be pursuing, even with the hands of Kongregate in the pot

Q: Is there anyway to track how much AP players have overspent on arena fast track (so as to compensate) due to the current bug. In case you're not familiar with it offhand, we seem to be charged for progressing 5 battles even when the last fast track takes us less than 5 battles forward.

Ray: Unfortunately no. While we have some tracking, that is nothing something we would have tracked. TBH I wasn't aware that was still a thing - i'll add it into our fix-list right now and we will take a look soon

Q: Are there plans for fishing related orbs? I'd like to see a rarity orb (+1 rarity per orb level)

Ray: Interesting...that's not really something that would be difficult to add. Let's discuss it after this Q&A (See below)

Q: ETA on an IOU score rehaul to match current content and be ready for implementation of future content? What happened to the new challenge every month? Are there plans for future challenges soon or possibly platinum challenges with high level groups clearing tribes in less then a month they should be clearing g5 thug. Do we have a solid plan for event packs now with this double event?

Ray: IOU Score Rehaul :: Once we work on the cohorts we'll be looking to balance this

New Challenge Every Month :: I think I have 3 challenges stockpiled now, however as they became available I felt like they might be better invested in end-game gameplay, whatever that becomes...so we have pre-existing assets to get moving on that, or if that doesn't fit the upcoming plan, then we'll have the challenges released more quickly in succession.

This double event will not act like previous double events. We will be releasing additional content for the event (premade) next month and changing up the regular packs. As for the ability to buy event packs this event, the count will be increased to 4 available between its release and the end of the event.

Regarding event, it's kind of like a 2-parter

Q: Are they going to make it easier to use a large amount of packs? The process of going through worlds and stages for every different pack takes forever.

Ray: I haven't actually had many complaints regarding the UI Flow of card packs (I assume that's what is meant here). If it continues to be an issue and one where we can make that a priority (over something like the awful challenge UI flow for selection which challenge to work on), then we can work towards cleaning it up.

Listat: He means it takes forever to use many packs if you have to go through all the worlds  to get to a world say 5 away and then cycle through x amount to get to your mob to use more than one pack.

Ray: We have a new zone selector ahead (half-related) for getting to a zone you want without having to click a ton to toggle through zones. Waiting on new updated UI assets from arthouse on that

Q: Are you going to recycle more event minigames in the future or will you create a new one? Can you review the card pack gain from support level? From 11 -> 12 there is no change. How fast can you implement the anti-lag (queue) feature? This will be a big game changer

Ray: Absolutely recycle. The only ones that can't be recycled are the ones where new challenges were added (Like Easter 2015), but these events that are added are intended to be re-used.

Card pack 11->12... let me add to the list to look at one sec

The queue is very high on my priority list and something I think I can tackle very quickly after the event release. I would expect it before mid-october  Big Grin

Q: A programming bounty board system was proposed in the test channel, what are your thoughts on this?

Ray: I must have missed that, so I don't have thoughts on it currently

Q: Are there any plans besides just the click queue? It won't count for initial connection being very bad it will only reduce lag spikes in event

Ray: It won't reduce lag at all, actually. It will allow you to queue up several hits at a time, and continue working on that queue as additional clicks become available to ensure you don't miss a beat. Queuing say 5 / 5 clicks, even if you lag for a second or two, you'll be at what? 3 / 5, 2 / 5 clicks? They'll still be primed and you'll be able to click 3 times in succession to stack them up before it hits zero and you miss an attack

Q: Will we ever receive nets from codes? Is there a way to see how much total AP you have during pet arena fight?

Ray: Both have been added to my to-do to look at

(Proceeds to #general for discussion)

Post Community Q&A #2 (3/10/16) General Chat Discussion

Ray: Fishing Orb - Thoughts?

ikzune: I thought it was better that fishing orb is fish amount instead of +1 rarity, people will advance in fishing too fast otherwise

Ray: I was thinking the same

Grimcow: Maybe it could increase the quality instead... Then you could do it a % as all the other orbs are % based

Ray: Yeah grim, exactly

Rarity just wouldn't work in that form with how orbs work

Quality directly affects that, but value might be easier to balance for

I've added on the list Fish Orb for Fish Value...we'll see how that goes when it gets added

ikzune: Ray what are your thoughts on cohorts working like mini guilds every 100 levels so it will help new players and there will be ofc personal upgrades with cohorts having no limits in terms of contribution weather we use stone or some other resource

I mean you might be able to make it so donations to cohort 1 effects all cohorts below it if you really wanted to

Ray: We will def have to separate groups, and I have some ideas on that but lets wait until cohorts is the priority before jumping the ideas onto it just yet

After the event release i'll be running a poll (perhaps in-game) to see what the most sought next-feature is and go from there

XGabranth: Ray can we see some sort of increase in amount of abd that is unlocked per level? 10 starts to seem abysmal after you break the 1000. Or an increase in scaling of abd.

Ray: I'll look at it, no promises
Community helper
Discord Username: Level#0001

Reserved.
Community helper

Reserved two.
Community helper

Reserved three.
Community helper