Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge Dead Zone
Remember back in the day when there weren't nearly as many challenges to do and there were enough people just randomly joining to help out that you could get most of them done in a reasonable time frame? With the exception of top-tier challenges of course since not as many players had the DPS to get into them...or you got a load of people who shouldn't have been there but got carried to that point and sunk the challenge >.> Anyway, I digress.

These days, it can be next to impossible to finish a simple challenge. There are too many different challenges and not enough people doing them to get a full group in a reasonable time frame. Being able to start without a full group is a huge start to fixing this issue, but what about when you've been sitting at 2/6 or 3/6 for hours and there's just no way you can carry it? And what about the times where you need a full group, but you've finally gone afk because, hey, it's been a few hours, I can get a coffee, right? Only to come back and find that the challenge must have failed while you were gone, possibly because you and the other 4 guys who have been waiting weren't contributing clicks or abilities. 

I want to get some suggestions together about how we can fix this. I know we can always try to get people from our guilds together, but if you're the top of your guild that doesn't always work. It also doesn't really work if you're the bottom of the guild since it sucks the fun out of challenges if they're not challenging. My personal suggestion would be to provide a daily bonus for re-doing completed challenges but only on your highest 2 completed tiers of any given challenge. So, for example, if you've just got your Gold I Rats duo under your belt, you could get a daily bonus for GI Rats Duo and SV Rats Duo. This bonus could be anything really, just something to liven up the challenges and help reduce queue times. I read a suggestion recently about adding a meat resource to the game that could be exchanged for pet food that might fit the bill for something like this if we wanted it to be fresh and exciting.
I think challenge boss HP should be rebalanced because this:

[Image: .eJwFwVsOhCAMAMC7cADKS6jehiBBo1JCa_Zjs3f...OJv74w.png]
(Damage needed if everyone has equal damage)

Is unacceptable IMO.
(08-30-2016, 11:28 PM)GameInSky Wrote: I think challenge boss HP should be rebalanced because this:

(Damage needed if everyone has equal damage)

Is unacceptable IMO.

Some time ago 2b boss in grouped challenge was out or frange. Now 2t is achievable solo. 

I don't see why just because noone can't reach a specific dmg it has to be lowered down. It is like - oh look, there is  cap. We HAVE to reach it NOW. QUICK.
I am a Nerd.  Angel
It's not about whether or not you can reach it, but about the fact that groups require you to have so much more damage than the following solo and sometimes even duo.
Because of how the balance of HP is set up later on, it actually possible to finally get past duo/group which was tough, only to be able to beat the next solo with almost no effort at all along with the next few solo(s) in that challenge being so easy as well.

The problem is, less you can get past the duo/group challenges, it doesn't matter, I really don't think group challenge HP should be so high that it's well beyond what the next solo is. There are many times I question why we need to beat duo/group challenges before we can do solo ones since eventually you can just fly through solo soon as it available in the high level ranges.
It's not about being able to reach those high damages eventually, it's about them having so much HP that it is impossible with the current build of the game to ever reach them. Unless drastic dps boosting feature are put in, those challenges will forever remain incomplete. Remember that there are like 10-15 more difficulties of challenges that haven't been released.
(08-30-2016, 11:28 PM)GameInSky Wrote: I think challenge boss HP should be rebalanced because this:

Sure, we shouldn't be able to crush the next tier solo challenge with the DPS we need to clear a group challenge. But that's not really what this thread is trying to address haha You should look at making another thread for separate topics so we can debate it there and give the issue more visibility.
Well to try and get back on track a bit more, I suppose could mention that we still need incentives for the ones that already long completed the challenges to actually bother helping others.

I sure there are many that would like to help but not at the cost of their xp/gold rate which is going to always be far more important to them than helping many out with challenges. The only real time they get help is when someone feels like it or someone in the guild can carry the challenge.

I sure it been mentioned many times to allow a daily reward for helping others in challenges but I still wonder if we'll ever see that as haven't really been mentioned in a while.
I won't comment at this time on rebalancing challenge difficulty - I don't think that's really necessary right now. However I will mention that the difficulty in finding people for challenges may diminish as we improve our global chat (which will be released in just a couple days).

If it continues to remain a problem we'll look at other options, but I feel like this is a start for better social aspects within the game.