Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fire Clan IOU Multicalc
(08-03-2017, 01:27 PM)MrL Wrote: Thanks for this tool! I am not fully using it yet but am slowly learning. I'm fairly new to this game. I am a little confused on the Pets sheet and would appreciate some guidance. 

If, for example, I have Final Blow at LV 2 do I enter "12" or "20" into the table?   I have attempted to attached a screenshot of my core 1.  Thanks for the help

https://prnt.sc/g3pdr2

That's tier 2, so it should be 20.

Leveling it up is each time you buy one little circle of it. Once you go all the way around it tiers up.

Basically it's in Base 8.
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
Hi porkbob,

thanks for the great tool and it's ongoing maintenance.

I've a request for a simple addition to the Pet-Tab.

To decide which available node should be activated next, I add all available nodes with value 10 into the sheet, activate the one(s) recommended an upgrade to first tier, thus value 20. For comfort i would like to keep the available nodes with value 10 within the sheet, but ignore them for further calculation for upgrades > 20.

I made a few changes to the pet-tab to make that possible. Please check if you want to implement into the main version.
http://bit.ly/2vFdeYB
- added a switch in field E16:F16 -> should be added to import/export
- added a note to field E16
- added a formula to fields HA4:NW4, related to the switch
- optional new content for field H3:i3 to distinguish between upgraded an available nodes, using field AY1:AZ2

thanks,
Zeruel
(08-15-2017, 11:20 PM)Zeruel Wrote: I've a request for a simple addition to the Pet-Tab.
Sounds like a good idea. I'm in the middle of working on a huge project, revamping CD calculations. I'll try and squeeze this in when I get finished. Thanks for the suggestion!
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
I did you one better and you can check your "10" nodes for which is better after leveling them to 20, 30, or 40. It took a lot longer than the change you were suggesting, but my ambition often does get the better of me. It will be worth it to have that option though, I think.

Hopefully I will get the other changes copied into the base sheet sometime today, and v5.0 will be live!
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
IOU MultiCalc v5.0 is out!

This is a big ole update!
Some of the things added this version:

• All Challenges now dynamically determine how long before & after you reach 25% HP (for Final Blow) to give a more accurate determination of CD
  • CD calculations interpolate to reach a very approximate maximum (including for Series stage)
  • Lazy CD has returned & you can choose whether to find max possible or to use HP of the mob you do your max spec'd CD against
  •  "Test" option for CD—where you enter an HP amount and it will determine how much CD you do vs it
  • Option to dynamically calculate how long FB will be active in your party vs your current monster (i.e., the FB coefficient)
  • Dynamic FB support for the entire Inferno Tier Calculator
  • New system you can use to check best next unlocks for pet map
  • The sheet now auto-determines how many Ability/Freeze/Splat Cycles you do in Challenges—just enter your trophy lvls
  • I also rigged the option to turn guild passive challenge for Auto back on when the game is patched for it (bottom right of Challenge tab)
I kept it in mind to have the new Challenge calculations work correctly for players who haven't yet reached the 2nd ability cycle. But it is quite possible there is some little place hiding somewhere I forgot to take this into account.

Happy Idling! (And Optimizing! Tongue )
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
(08-22-2017, 11:55 PM)porkbob Wrote: I did you one better and you can check your "10" nodes for which is better after leveling them to 20, 30, or 40. It took a lot longer than the change you were suggesting, but my ambition often does get the better of me. It will be worth it to have that option though, I think.

Hopefully I will get the other changes copied into the base sheet sometime today, and v5.0 will be live!

Thanks for listening to my request, and wow you did a great job on this. Way better than my suggestion. Thanks again.
(08-25-2017, 02:59 AM)Zeruel Wrote: Thanks for listening to my request, and wow you did a great job on this. Way better than my suggestion. Thanks again.

I learned more about how the Pets page works than I ever  wanted to know! Tongue
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
I think there is an error somewhere with the newest version's Ascension/Challenge tab. It's calculating average luck damage against series that is way too high. I just failed my attempt at 9-99 but the sheet thinks I should be able to beat up to 9-140! Even assuming absolutely terrible luck that can't possibly be true.
(08-29-2017, 03:16 PM)quixorbl Wrote: I think there is an error somewhere with the newest version's Ascension/Challenge tab. It's calculating average luck damage against series that is way too high. I just failed my attempt at 9-99 but the sheet thinks I should be able to beat up to 9-140! Even assuming absolutely terrible luck that can't possibly be true.

It seems fine to me. Before, there was one parentheses missing so it ended up only giving 1 second of Auto & Click DPS after you reached FB (last 25% of HP).

Maybe you are mistaking "average luck" to mean you probably won't lose before that stage. In reality, for the 20/30/40+ stages leading up to your max (even an avg max), you are likely to fall into a few strings of bad luck where you will lose many times in a row or more than once for several mobs in a row, followed by beating a few to several stages first try. But that's just statistics.

Example: Increasing 50 waves in tier 20 will add 6T HP. But the dmg I do during my ability cycle can vary by 10-20T... rarely even as much as 30-40T! (The latter comparing best ~1% of attempts vs worst ~1% of attempts.) And how much dmg you do during the abilities is very important, because that determines if you make it to the last 25% of HP with enough time for FB to mop up the rest or not.

With something that has such a high variance as series, it's often hard to relate what one is experiencing at any given point to a true 'average'. I'm pretty confident the calc is almost entirely at that average. Any small difference would be due to the calc not using not converting speed to dmg above the "speed cap" during abilities. But it just increases the speed more, which should have no real (or at least huge) effect on total dmg calculations. (And btw I started working on trying to get that speed conversion into the calc the past couple days, but i don't want to implement it until I can get it to match up with the game.)

I'll keep an eye on series, though. But it seems really good to me now. Better than it's ever been (since pet map introduced FB, at least).
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full
As a follow-up, this afternoon I pushed my series from 20-50 to the 20-100 the sheet said was my avg max. It wasn't a cake walk, and took 45 min or maybe a bit more, but at no point did I feel like I needed "above average" luck to continue. So I'm standing by the series damage calc as it is now.
Leader in Fire Clan
Guild lvl 475+
Currently full