Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
When we look at f2p EP is basically simular to the incoming "lineage" system. Its an overtime bonus.  Iam for removing EP and translating into a new system. maybe even include it into the lineage system. Maybe even remove the possibility to buy EP or its future equivalent completly. Early "milestones" in the new system should give way more than later milestones. Current problem imo with EP is that new players even if they whale it they still need literally ages to close the ep gap to people who play for a long time and/or have been cashing in every event. If we actually would put in a system with diminishing returns with higher milestones it would  close the possible gap. On the other hand it would reduce the incentive to invest (a contra for rayjay i guess). I dont think its possible though to introduce a system which closes the gap or gives a catchup-mechanic and keeps a certain investment incentive. although currently EP already has diminishing returns and is losing its investment incentive (lots of people still value EP way too high). Simular to mostly every part of the current game this is mostly a scaling issue. In the end it still needs to attract new players, and knowing you theoretically never can catch up is definitly a bummer for new people who are playing games competitively. Those who just look their numbers grow and play for funzies probably cba about it.
TLDR: Fuse EP with lineage. Give a catchup´ish mechanic (reduced high milestone rewards, increased lowmilestone rewards)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event points! (community feedback) - jays - 07-18-2016, 12:17 AM