Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
(07-15-2016, 02:42 AM)Listat Wrote:
(07-15-2016, 02:36 AM)erebs Wrote: event packs was long time investment for many players i dont like idea that new players could get same amount ep i have stacked for year
if you want add more ep add it for everyone equally

I think the idea here is, in the future say someone who has never heard of the game starts playing. When this player starts there is a GIANT gap which can never ever be caught up to, the player sees this and quits due to a feeling of helplessness. Is there a way to keep that player feeling they have moved up in the world? Is there perhaps a different TYPE of EP we can offer them with different bonuses? These are all ideas we are looking for.

Nobody thinks like that. Ever.
People go into a F2P game knowing these situations will happen. Majority will ignore top ranks or will see it as a challenge.
People will only feel helpless if they don't progress. There's not even a way to see how much EP everyone has.
I fail to see how this would ever be an issue. Mainly since people would only care if it was a PvP game, which IOURPG isn't.

Though now I understand your concerns more, it wouldn't be a bad idea to introduce an early game unlocked perma-event that gives you a few starting ep, or for example reward ascending with ep as well.
That way you get some EP progress early on. Though this would have to be given to veterans as well.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event points! (community feedback) - GameInSky - 07-15-2016, 08:32 AM