Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
Someone already mentioned diminishing returns which is one way to go. The current system already have some of it, since the difference between 400 and 200 EP is bigger then the difference between 800 and 600 EP. One way to increase this effect is to make later tiers of EP levels lower (only 2% damage/tier after 1000 EP or something similar, there is a lot o possibilities to play with these numbers) or to make the early tiers stronger (the stronger the earlier EP tiers are the less impact the later ones have). The biggest problem with this approach is transparency, a new player will probably have no idea about this and still feel hopeless when he should not.

Another approach is catch up EP. You could give more free EP for people with low EP (I really dislike this idea, since people spent money to have more EP and now others get more free EP because they spent less). Or you could allow people with low EP to buy more EP packs (lets say he started 10 events late, then he can buy an extra EP pack for his first 10 events or first 20 events, again lot of possibilities). The advantage of this is that it will be clear for new player that there is some kind of catch up mechanism.

Obviously the last approach is a complete rework, but I do not think it is necessary. But maybe someone comes up with a very good idea, who knows...

Messages In This Thread
RE: Event points! (community feedback) - PeuDoki - 07-15-2016, 04:17 AM