Poll: What do you think of the EP system?
This poll is closed.
I like the EP system as is!
43.33%
13 43.33%
I want the EP system to change!
30.00%
9 30.00%
I don't care either way, I still have fun!
26.67%
8 26.67%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Event points! (community feedback)
Big Grin 
Hey everyone! We need your help to decide which direction to take with a new EP (Event Point) system.

Some things to keep in mind:

1. We do not want to diminish the value for players who have always bought the packs with EP in them before.

2. We want to allow newer players, or players who haven't bought every pack with EP to catch up (over a long time, not immediately).

Any ideas are great, and this is your chance to directly influence how the updates roll out. If you'd like to remain anonymous, you can pm me with your ideas as well!

We can experiment with retroactive rewarding, more packs available to players with less EP, anything is possible!
Discord - ☠Listat☠   iourpg forums - Listat   Kongregate - xxlistatxx
event packs was long time investment for many players i dont like idea that new players could get same amount ep i have stacked for year
if you want add more ep add it for everyone equally
I dn't think the system needs to be changed. I say this as a F2P user.
Well one idea I was thinking about is, have they ever thought about doing a diminishing returns system for EP? It's a very commonly used system in a lot of RPG and MOBA style games.

Basically each additional EP you gain has more impact the less EP you have and less impact the more EP you have. This way it would never completely negate the advantage people with more EP have, but at the same time the disadvatage for newer players would lessen over time.
(07-15-2016, 02:36 AM)erebs Wrote: event packs was long time investment for many players i dont like idea that new players could get same amount ep i have stacked for year
if you want add more ep add it for everyone equally

I think the idea here is, in the future say someone who has never heard of the game starts playing. When this player starts there is a GIANT gap which can never ever be caught up to, the player sees this and quits due to a feeling of helplessness. Is there a way to keep that player feeling they have moved up in the world? Is there perhaps a different TYPE of EP we can offer them with different bonuses? These are all ideas we are looking for.
I wouldn't mind (new) players gaining an extra percentage of EP if they are below a certain threshold. Something like 200-300 from the person with the most EP. So if the highest amount is 800 and you have 0EP-100Ep you might get +100% 100-200EP +80%, 200-300EP +60% etc untill if you reach 500/600 (depending on the threshold) you will get the normal amount of EP gain everyone has. This should allow people to "catch up" w/o it being easy to overtake the people who have spent hundreds of dollars on EP packs.
then i would ask for refund on every pack i spend because i thought about it from start and i wouldnt invest any money into it if i knew that someday i will lose advantage after playing for years because new system will arrive
(07-15-2016, 02:47 AM)erebs Wrote: then i would ask for refund on every pack i spend because i thought about it from start and i wouldnt invest any money into it if i knew that someday i will lose advantage after playing for years because new system will arrive

A new system wouldn't mean you lose your advantage, it would mean newer players gain EP better. This doesn't mean they would ever "catch up" to you really, it would just give them a way to get EP that was already available in the past that they had no way of getting beforehand. And again, this is why we want ideas from the community, if there is a way EP can be utilized differently for newer players we want to know. If there is a completely new system that can be made, we want to know.
event points are rewards from events that happen occasionally and are like rewards for active play system you think about is already there called support lvl spend money to catch up ray also proposed loyalty system so new players dont have chance to catch up anyway and ep atm are only way for casual spenders like me to fight black hole spenders without investing thousands of dolars into game
(07-15-2016, 02:57 AM)erebs Wrote: event points are rewards from events that happen occasionally and are like rewards for active play system you think about is already there called support lvl spend money to catch up ray also proposed loyalty system so new players dont have chance to catch up anyway and ep atm are only way for casual spenders like me to fight black hole spenders without investing thousands of dolars into game

A loyalty system is already in the works, take a look at the newest dev post. And like I said, we need IDEAS. There is nothing set in stone saying they will get straight EP to catch up to older players, we want to make it easier, or at least feel like they have a fighting chance. This has nothing to do with the black hole event.