Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hearing about changes with offline gains..
Yes, there will be base rate gains of 5% per additional member in a party, then the partyboost gains from ascension will be applied on top of that boost.

Clicking has no effect on gains. However, i've been feeling like click upgrades should potentially affect your gain rates by a small amount. In the future I may include a small percentage bonus to the internal gains calculation based on those upgrades, but not for the initial release, however again, using abilities or actually clicking will NOT affect your calculated exp/gold gains.

What it will still do is speed up a few kills, so I suppose a small increase in card drops and gold gains (because of chests) is possible, but the affect in growth will not be nearly as severe for those who script, and that was one of the many points to this change.

I don't doubt for a second there will be a group of people turned off by this change, but this game has a lot of old much-needed rehaul, and as impressed as I am with how the community has come up with incredible tools and calculators to determine where to hunt, who to party with, etc, that simply wasn't the intention. I would prefer people strategize on progression over being forced to play a certain way to be able to ensure they can still group with the same people.

It also wasn't intended to be able to leech your way through the majority of the game without actually experiencing the initial grinds. Should those grinds be as slow as they are? Probably not, so that may change in the early game, but leeching your way to 200 in day(s) is overboard.

Why do you not receive gains from actual kills (other than chests)? Because it's impossible to calculate offline gains without knowing a solid predictable gain rate for online gains.

Why do we need offline gains, when most people are used to having to be logged in 24/7? Because having to ensure you haven't disconnected or gotten stuck in a loop from a bug shouldn't deter your growth to a point that makes you stress over a casual IDLE game.

Why does partying with someone with 100 DPS, alongside someone with 1 billion dps give both players a gain? So you can party with whoever without feeling too much of a deducation in growth, letting you group with anyone instead of having less than a handful of potentials.

Strategy can be left towards challenges, and how you actually progress your character, not specifically who and what zone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hearing about changes with offline gains.. - Ray - 05-10-2016, 12:24 AM