Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Server Roll Back?
I had read on Facebook that there was a quick maintenance, however now that I've loaded the game up it's rolled back everything I had done since last night. I've lost about 9 hours of work and it even undid my arena, pet feeding and everything else.
i dont think you lost 9h of work if you see rested time then make it x2 to see how long you were offline for me it was 1h rollback
It was offline for 360 minutes is what it said, so I guess I had a 3 hour rollback. I know it was a complete rollback because before I went to bed I made sure to update everything, do pet arena/soul orbs, etc and when I got up it had me redo all of that. I got less diamonds for expeditions, less XP for soul orbs, and had lost however much gold I had gotten in that time period due to the rollback.
From what I've seen if your computer loses connection with the servers and it doesn't kick you out of the game, usually it does, then you can still do a lot of things. I think usually it only happens if you don't fully lose connection but you have a really bad connection. Everything you do does not update on the server. I haven't had it happen to me in a few months.

There was like one hour I remember where I would lose connection and could then reconnect after like five minutes. But when I connected anything I did would not persist after I refreshed again. And there were certain things it would not let me do at all, such as my party showed as offline and I couldn't do any challenges.

With 360 minutes of rested time you would have been offline for at least 12 hours, 360 minutes times 2. I suspect when you did everything the night before you somehow weren't connected to the server. No way for me to know for sure though.
They definitely have rollbacks also. It's because the DB crashes and then I guess a backup needs to be used.

One thing you might've noticed is that the event didn't have any rollbacks.

Quote:We will be aiming to release a patch ahead of time tomorrow around 7-8 PM EDT, to include some migration to the new database to alleviate the frequency of these maintenances.

Quote:The servers themselves are running incredibly stable - the database is what is crashing. We are already running a hybrid solution with MongoDB for the event that has been exceptionally stable (hence why the event never rolls back), so we are migrating to that. I was just hoping the frequency of these crashes wouldn't be so much that it would have to become a higher priority yet.
A leader of Fire Clan