Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Public Events - Let's work together!
Thank you Vosavo for the feedback and the read. I suppose my thoughts weren't translated to word as graciously as I'd have liked. First, I want to say that I'm moving my ideas away from further guild stuff for the purpose of this thread. Guilds are great, don't get me wrong, but unless you're an extremely organized community, a group of 40 people is the best you'll ever accomplish in IOU. This is an MMO, and I think it would be a fantastic idea to bring players together regardless of their guilds. Let's give each other a reason to cheer one another on while still remaining competitive.

A note on my idea of global dungeons: While the instance would be locked to one set of values, the players involved do not have to be "grouped." It's more of a daily, you show up, put in your work, and see how far we get as a server in total. Of course since the player wouldn't be "connected" to the other participants, who do not have to be active at the same time, hence daily instance, the progress would easily be tracked via leaderboard. Of course high end players are going to reap more benefits, that's the game. We level up to hit harder and get better xp/gold. As far as the difficulty, I don't foresee this as something that would be cleared daily, necessarily. My idea is that the top twenty guilds together would have a fair shot. This also provides something else to do throughout the day rather than sitting there watching the same monster die for hours. Yes, it's an idle game, but that doesn't mean flavor is the enemy.

A note for bosses: Very much similar to Global Dungeons, the difference being that these spawn randomly. Yes, it means that you'll have to be on and active to participate. That's precisely my intention with that proposal. Something to spice things up, keep it interesting. Keep players wanting to see what's going on in IOU right now.

I like your thinking with the Global Buildings. A quick note being that stone will not *always* be useful. Like Expedition points, its usefulness is also finite. There's a large lump of players that will soon be falling into that as guilds continue to grow. However, it doesn't *have* to be stone, the resource could be brand new and still yield the same effect. Hell, you could even make trees drop an extra resource just as mines drop crystals and diamonds, then use that resource instead. The meat of that idea lies in the concept.

Overall, I don't think that anyone will disagree that the in game community is generally limited to your guild. It at times can feel very isolated as an MMO. The main thing that I am proposing here is player to player interaction because afterall, an MMO is only as strong as its community.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Public Events - Let's work together! - Martyr - 04-01-2016, 04:13 PM