Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyalties and Event Points
Recently I've seen a lot of discussion over Event Points and their impact on the game as well as the players. As we all know, they provide a significant bonus, and even a greater bonus to those who pay.. Which is fine, and I'll explain why in this proposal.

Loyalties. We have a system in place that calculates days played and pushes them into trophy rewards, which is great. I think this is something that can be expanded on however. If a Loyalty system were implemented which pulled from that same value of days played and offered rewards not dissimilar to EP, it would give a backbone to our long-standing players who may have not put as much money into the game, but more time. Myself as a newer player, this wouldn't benefit me nearly as much as it would our senior players.

I could go on, but I think you get the idea. Example:
10 days played = 2.5% bonus
20 days played = 5% bonus
30 days played = 7.5%
90 days played 22.5%

So on and so forth (numbers obviously just theoretical). Just a thought, hit me with thoughts and suggestions or tell me how horrible my idea is 8)
I'd be fine with doing nothing to event points (since that system has been in place with the way it is for like a year now) and implementing this loyalty system idea.
You can usually find me here!
i think this idea works and is kind of what the discord chat was getting to once we got over the ep is bad change it thing lol
(04-01-2016, 07:06 AM)Martyr Wrote: If a Loyalty system were implemented which pulled from that same value of days played and offered rewards not dissimilar to EP, it would give a backbone to our long-standing players who may have not put as much money into the game, but more time.

I'm not seeing how it helps non payers more than people who do pay.
(04-01-2016, 09:31 AM)FadedSentry Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 07:06 AM)Martyr Wrote: If a Loyalty system were implemented which pulled from that same value of days played and offered rewards not dissimilar to EP, it would give a backbone to our long-standing players who may have not put as much money into the game, but more time.

I'm not seeing how it helps non payers more than people who do pay.

That isn't what I said. Expounding on what I said, it provides a bonus based on time played and nothing else, there's no way a casher can influence this effect. This is simply a gratitude reward that says "Hey, thanks for playing the game whether you pay or not." Those who will have the largest improvement from this would be long-time F2P players.
(04-01-2016, 09:40 AM)Martyr Wrote: Those who will have the largest improvement from this would be long-time F2P players.

This is what I'm questioning here. With the way you worded that, it sounds like it will give more benefits to people who are long time AND free to play as opposed to just people who are long time.
I feel like this isn't necessary because there's already a bonus for playing a longer time. You don't need more bonus. This actually just widens the gap for a new player which isn't really a good idea.
A leader of Fire Clan
(04-01-2016, 10:18 AM)FadedSentry Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 09:40 AM)Martyr Wrote: Those who will have the largest improvement from this would be long-time F2P players.

This is what I'm questioning here. With the way you worded that, it sounds like it will give more benefits to people who are long time AND free to play as opposed to just people who are long time.

The reason why it would have the largest impact on them is because they're not currently benefiting from casher benefits.. Which is fine. I propose this as a common ground artifact that does not favor only one or the other.
(04-01-2016, 03:02 PM)jiecut Wrote: I feel like this isn't necessary because there's already a bonus for playing a longer time. You don't need more bonus. This actually just widens the gap for a new player which isn't really a good idea.

I disagree in the long run. Yes, it does nothing to benefit a day 1 player. However, after a very short amount of time, these benefits continue to stack up which helps a player level up faster.

Q: Well doesn't it help higher levels level up faster too?
A: To a degree, and not as large of one. As many are aware, after a certain point, leveling becomes very slow and grueling for a few reasons. The first being the diminishing multiplier every five levels which new players do not suffer. The second being the fact that Inferno Tiers are capped, meaning that there is an actual limit, and the bigger people level even *more* slowly because of it. Also something new players do not suffer. Overall, it will be a benefit to everyone, new, middle, and older tier players, and I do not believe it will have a negative impact on the global level spread. I believe it will have a positive impact.
Loyalty points will widen the gap as much as event points do, this would be the concept i would go with for event points already if it hadn't already been the way it is for so long. I think you people are worrying too much about the difference between older and newer players, it is based on days invested into this game and ray can make it so its harder and harder to get the next tier so eventually most people will be on the same tier. The way i see it, you people are acting as if there shouldnt be a gap between players who have invested a lot of time and players who have as if you expect new players to catchup to older ones in an instant.

We already do have some catchup mechanics in place which are underestimated

1. Support level, a paying player can still even if we had a loyalty system in place overtake a non paying player in several ways, loyalty will reduce this effect but it wont stop it by any means
2. Event points, firstly whilst this probably wont happen as suggested, ray did mention giving players 1 free event pack, i'm not sure if this exists for every event but the diamonds alone will allow newer players to catchup to older players quite fast as older players have less places to invest in efficiently, secondly a paying player can catchup to a loyal free to play through this to a degree
3. new content, we have new content that while making the gap wider, allows newer players to get to a point where older players were faster
4. carries, there are some guilds dedicated to inviting new players and leveling them up with their alt accounts to help the catchup process
5. hindrance, whilst its not visible anymore, above level 405 levels begin to get significantly slower

Whilst a lot of these catchup mechanics are geared towards paying players, i personally think the amount thats avaliable is as much as a new player deserves with the current content in the game