Poll: Is this a good idea?
I think he might be on to something...
This is hogwash. Madness. Keep us tiered and hopping!
I just don't like Rage.
I don't like Rage; but still...he might be on to something..
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.13 Average
Guild-Stay Incentive
Exclamation 
Sure I'm asking for ridicule posting this but here goes   =\

One thing I feel this game could really use is some kind of more incentive to stay in a guild--  Not against your will by any means,  but.. something more that ties players ; especially after they've been around a while.  Something like a page that shows recorded total for each members' contributed stone.   Maybe there could be bonuses for reaching milestones. And these reset when you switch guilds.   This could inspire players to choose more stable guilds or ones they see as  a more long term option (vs. just guild hopping / joining underlings for whatever is the best current party offering)
I'm sure (Know) ours isnt the only guild that has had problems with hoppers.

Something like...  a multiplicative bonus that adds on to all guild buildings bonus.  

1 million stone = +1% effect from guild buildings.
5 million = 2%;  10 million 3%;  20 million 4%

Random numbers for example.

This would bring about some changes this game needs.  It would deter players from piling up in underlings (Chaos>MDK>Disorder; Revenants>Instakill>Instakill2.0; Eden/regen; CH> Soon to be academy,) The list goes on..

I feel the whole underling thing is a plague on the guild-element of the game.
This could deter it; because a player would think "Why would i want to join the underling wait list for the #1 or #2 guild when my contri.stone bonus will reset when I move...maybe I should just join the Rank 3/4 guild that is a main guild where I will stay and be able to build up my contri. instead).   It'd also help deter players who tend to hop around to wherever they can get the best parties / current buildings.

Because-- the way the game is set up now, the guilds are more or less a tiered league based on player powers.  It almost may as well be a 2nd rankings page if you could read the list of members of each guild in order.  =\    
And it will only continue to advance more and more towards just that.  I warned of this 4 months ago; Now its well on its way to come true.

Sure, I'm whining. Boo-hoo.  But, that aside.
Until Guild vs. Guild  pvp is put into game this is the quickest, easiest way I can think of to bring some actual substances to guild loyalty, choice, and longevity.
Without something of the sort-- It's just get the best parties you can til you can hop up a guild tier.
Even amongst players you'd think are super-loyal and this wouldnt apply to (those of you at the top already, you can't relate ;P  Edit: Actually you can because you probably did it  )

Or maybe they just run because I'm so bad.

Probably not since every month or so another guild is "falling out"  (sometimes into us, sometimes out of us)  And its just a vicious cycle and I think a lack of a system such as the one I'm suggesting is at the root.

Ok-- Lets hear it.   =\
---Retired---
If you really want people to stay, might as well make the milestones based on time participated in the guild Tongue
I like this idea, the upgrades resetting is a must.

But is this really necessary? These bonuses can't really be to effective, otherwise you run the risk of people never joining lower guilds since they could easily go inactive and the player will be forced to loose all their milestones.
(since nobody wants to stay in an guild that could go inactive)

- Don't think it'd change much as far as 'hopping' goes.
Impossibru!
You can usually find me here!
I agree with an incentive to stay in guild but stone wouldn't be the way to go. Since the bonuses would be pretty small, stone wouldn't be optimal because the majority of players are free players and it takes a long long time to get 1 million stone without spending AP on dynamite. So hardly anyone who isn't a spender wouldn't bother with a stone driven system. I agree with it being tied to how long a player has been in the guild. If the bonuses are good enough, it would slow down the dumb underling system. Players who have been in a guild for several months and upwards of a year surely deserve something. Players who have been playing the game that long in general deserve longevity bonuses ( *cough* Time played based support level system that was once thought to be a great idea and definitely a future feature that no one now seems to want to talk about *cough* )
Poems > Insane: "I need a party with similar dps"
Insane > Guild: "He's rudely demanding to be carried by 30m dps people, kick him now"
Guild > Poems: "We have proof you were rudely demanding to be carried"
Poems > Everyone: "Show a screenshot of it"
Everyone > Poems: "We can't, but his word is enough for us"

(03-15-2016, 02:48 PM)Poems Wrote: I agree with an incentive to stay in guild but stone wouldn't be the way to go. Since the bonuses would be pretty small, stone wouldn't be optimal because the majority of players are free players and it takes a long long time to get 1 million stone without spending AP on dynamite. So hardly anyone who isn't a spender wouldn't bother with a stone driven system.  I agree with it being tied to how long a player has been in the guild. If the bonuses are good enough, it would slow down the dumb underling system. Players who have been in a guild for several months and upwards of a year surely deserve something. Players who have been playing the game that long in general deserve longevity bonuses ( *cough* Time played based support level system that was once thought to be a great idea and definitely a future feature that no one now seems to want to talk about *cough* )

Everyone already gets bonuses based on stones donated anyway. So the amount of a extra p2p gets vs f2p is already there.
This would just be a multiplier to that, which would stack over time.
You would have your personal guild xp that you take with you where ever you go, plus the contributed bonus that gets applied for stone donated to the guild you are in; so long as you remain. EDIT: Kind of like "My stone helped build this building, so it has a bonus effect" I think that would be a great element, and help players feel more tied and connected to their guilds.

Again, the millions numbers was just random completely pulled from the air.
---Retired---
If anything like this were to come, I would have to agree with vosavo. Having the bonus guild tier system based on stone.. is not that great.
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)vosavo Wrote: If you really want people to stay, might as well make the milestones based on time participated in the guild Tongue

Plus as vosavo said this wont really make it so people don't hop from one guild to the next.
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)vosavo Wrote: - Don't think it'd change much as far as 'hopping' goes.

Also this would be the fist time I well have seen a guild system in a game the way you suggested.
As I see it if this were to be put into place the bonuses would have to be much smaller then what you suggest, and should not ever be better then a lvl 5 guild building.
This is also not the first time you have suggested this, ya you made a few changes but it's still the same thing as last time.
And your poll options aren't that great...
IGN: Mythic       Guild: Chaos
(03-15-2016, 04:51 PM)Mythic Wrote: If anything like this were to come, I would have to agree with vosavo. Having the bonus guild tier system based on stone.. is not that great.
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)vosavo Wrote: If you really want people to stay, might as well make the milestones based on time participated in the guild Tongue

Plus as vosavo said this wont really make it so people don't hop from one guild to the next.
(03-15-2016, 02:17 PM)vosavo Wrote: - Don't think it'd change much as far as 'hopping' goes.

Also this would be the fist time I well have seen a guild system in a game the way you suggested.
As I see it if this were to be put into place the bonuses would have to be much smaller then what you suggest, and should not ever be better then a lvl 5 guild building.
This is also not the first time you have suggested this, ya you made a few changes but it's still the same thing as last time.
And your poll options aren't that great...

Ya um..stone is about the only real thing it could be based on short of just "time." 1% increments is pretty small (Did you help design the SO-Tower @ 0.5% Tongue ); lol..but anyway...the numbers for the bonus was just random to present the idea with an example. You're right. The poll options aren't that great. Probably should of added "I'm in Chaos."
---Retired---
Stone contribution reset would be horrible for people who literally put hundreds of dollars into leveling a guild's buildings. The guild gets to keep those levels, so the donator should be able to keep their contribution rewards. Unless you want it to be backwards compatible to where all stone donated to [x] guild is therefor removed from those buildings when a player leaves.

However, the idea of "tagging" stone donated to a certain guild to provide incremental increased based on the amount donated is not a bad idea.

For instance:
Player X donates 2,000,000 stone to Guild A.
Player X receives a 2% increase to building effects in that guild that they donated to.
Player X leaves Guild A and joins Guild B.
Player X does not retain that 2% "investment" from Guild A to Guild B, but it can be built back up in Guild B.
If Player X rejoins Guild A, they will have retained their initial gain of 2% in this instance.

Just my thoughts.
i like idea from shop heroes you take all your donated gold with you when you change town/guild after 10 days
I would think the building levels would be enough. and then the company of the members would be 2. if they need more the bonuses and friends... well they wasn't gonna stay anyways.

Also the more useless info that has to be tracked and store and adv for view just ads more cost and sever space