Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The ultimate pet suggestion
I will go through all suggestions, but without quoting.

1. Pet Levels is what I was thinking as well. But my idea was that the exp formula and req are independant and are based on pet's tier and level, possibly adjusted by support bonus.

Anyway, pets with their own lvl system is what I would like to see.

2. Skills. Passive ones look nice. Although I wouldn't call the source of power mana, but that is just my personal point of view (I'd call it pet's rage).

Active ones are mostly overpowered when one take into account that they can be leveled. The stats that you've presented would be good for skill lvl 5-10+, not lvl 1. And "focus" is just one big NO.

3. Perks. Generally speaking they allow nice customization of your pet's growth and stats, but most of those perks are way too OP. Like +X training food. This is just a NO NO NO.

Instead of one-time-selected perk per each tier I'd consider a tree of perks and the possiblity of respecs. Because one build made early can fail late and in case of balance changes your perks may make your pet so much weaker/stronger.

Basic idea is nice, but there are many things requiring balancing. For instance it is pretty obvious that in long run +XX% PP is better than +25% pet dmg bonus. Could also be that +X training > +XY% pet food early, but the reverse inequality later and you realize respec is required.

++++++
You should also do the math checking how strong/weak the pet becomes vs your auto/click dmg and how fast can it grow/etc. If you haven't, blind suggestions won't work well. :/
I am a Nerd.  Angel

Messages In This Thread
The ultimate pet suggestion - lp9 - 02-21-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - vosavo - 02-22-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - lp9 - 02-22-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - Mythic - 02-22-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - Brouwer - 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM