Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
The ultimate pet suggestion
(02-22-2016, 01:51 AM)vosavo Wrote: Well you clearly took a chunk of your time coming up with this! Tongue

Got some questions on some things if you don't mind:

How would pet food & training work?
The training food perk gives more food per training. If you chose all the training perks, you would get 38 more food per each training you complete. That sounds very op, but you would be losing out on all the damage boost, plus it takes a very long time to get to wyrms, so after you reach the final tier, all that food you would be getting would become useless unless new tiers of pets were added.

As for the pet food perk, It could work like this:

Lets say that you have a 10% pet arena food boost

When you beat the 1st oponnent, you would get 1 * 1.1 = 1.1 food. The extra 0.1 would add up, and after 10 fights, you would have 11 food instead of 10. Thats how i see this working, though if this ends up impossible to implement, i would have to think of a other way to do the food boost.

Does it just give a much bigger bonus compared to the 5% gain from the players regular gains?
Pet exp is 5% from normal gains, so for example, if you were getting 1,000,000 exp per each killed monster, that would mean 50,000 pet exp per kill

How would active skills be used?
The same as the skills the player has.

With the already 1-2-3-4-5-6 would these active skills move into Q-W-E-R.. ?
Yeah, i dont see why you couldn't use QWER....

It could be very tedious having to push that many buttons in challenges.
Yeah, didn't think about that one when making this thread :p

Is everything in the PP Shop the same?
Yes.

Is the pets Base Damage the same / per level & tier?
Yeah, pet levels don't increase the base damage, the passvie skills and perks do.

-  I'd assume these two values would just be played with until it's balanced¿.

Some of these are questionable as they don't really work with iou.
Ex/  Stun (active skill), that could ONLY help in pet arena, disabling him for x turns.
I'd assume that would just have to increase the kill timer outside of pet arena?  Would have to change the name of that if so.

I'm hesitant with how the 'pet levels' work, balancing that for all players would be a nightmare ¿. (The exp gain)
Still like it, but.. would likely need a lot of buffs/nerfs to things as it's a huge change requiring tons of values.
Yeah, getting the numbers right will be hard, but if it's possible to balance all the values, this idea would be a great addition to pets.

Some of the skills are designed to only work in the arena, as what would be the point of stunning an enemy if the player doesnt have any hp or regenerating pet health while battling regular monsters, who dont do any damage
IGN: lp9
Level: 444
IOU: 60690
Idle dps: 315m

15/7/16

Messages In This Thread
The ultimate pet suggestion - lp9 - 02-21-2016, 11:28 PM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - vosavo - 02-22-2016, 01:51 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - lp9 - 02-22-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - Mythic - 02-22-2016, 03:05 AM
RE: The ultimate pet suggestion - Brouwer - 02-22-2016, 05:48 PM