Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Accounts & Scripting
(02-15-2015, 11:23 PM)pibedetorres Wrote: @Ray:
I'm a bit confused about this clix idea, what would they precisely do to make it fair for those who don't use autoclick scripts? If I understand correctly, "clix points" run out after some seconds/minutes of continuous clicks, so this would keep them always at zero when someone is using scripts, and those who don't use scripts would have a regular source of "clix points" they can use to buy upgrades. But with that system I could simply, as example, only use scripts at night or when I'm not at computer, so that my experience and gold from mob kills would be higher at those times; then when I'm at computer I would turn the scripts off and let the clix generate and with those I'd buy clix upgrades till I enable scripts again when going out, and so on. It would still be a progress because scripts wouldn't be left on 24/7 if one wants to make the most of its gaming experience, but I personally preferred your previous suggestions involving special "don't click me" monsters that would entirely stop exp/gold gain to those who use scripts, and as you said those monsters could often change colors/shape/position to make it harder for scripts to detect and counterattack them.

But Ray, allow me to say this: no matter what decision you will take in favor or against scripts, this is your game and you have all the rights to choose what you like the most. We, as users, are thankful for having you listens to our opinions on this and other matters, but it would be a big mistake if you decided to implement something against your own will just to satisfy either point of view of the community. Some developers eventually run out of fun and interest when their "creature" is not like they intended it, and all I hope is you will not stop enjoying working on IOU anytime soon.  Smile

It effectively diminishes the advancement rate of auto clicking but allows more active users (who would obviously have a lump of clix over an auto clicker who has none) to be able to strategize that output for better results - such as progressing through zones, vs bosses, or just using the clix in a more efficient approach than to just have a clicker diminish the small amount they replenish right away.

Obviously someone using an auto clicker will get that extra few clicks here and there, but we are talking a very small fraction of additional progression by using one as opposed to the usefulness of not. It allows people to auto-click if they deem it necessary but makes it more rewarding to use the clix as they were intended, and loses the defeat in the overall purpose of click upgrades (manual play).

but I personally preferred your previous suggestions involving special "don't click me" monsters that would entirely stop exp/gold gain to those who use scripts

This was only to slow down scripters. Let me be very clear on this though, it's not that difficult and while people may think one wouldn't bother, it is quite simple to detect images, packets, etc and script based on those interaction - i've seen pretty complex botting in games with extremely low CCU (5-20) compared to IOU (180-220 currently and growing). No matter what is added to attempt to 'prevent' scripting, it can always be worked around and acts as a challenge to those it attempts to block. It may stop average gamers, but the second an advanced scripter comes up with a way around it and shares it, the whole thing becomes a waste of development time and harms the game's community all over again. A time when development could have been spent on features over the "bot-battle". Make botting less useful, resolve it all at once.

I constantly spent most of the electronic activity in my grey matter over the past few days trying to find a solution that has the most positive impact based on the communities feelings (more actually in favor of scripting, but many let down finding out that people actually were scripting), and not just some patch that will 'take things away' and penalize people, but a solution that could prove to enhance the current game. My solution attempts to meet those needs, and while it may not be perfect, it's the best I can seem to muster at this time.

Some developers eventually run out of fun and interest when their "creature" is not like they intended it, and all I hope is you will not stop enjoying working on IOU anytime soon.

I'm also not going to lose momentum by feeding off the ideas of the community over my own. If I made a change that caused a majority of those who love the game to hate it; now that would diminish my motivation Wink

I have ensured to make plans that give this game everything included in the roadmap, and then some. I have strict schedules plotted to ensure development of this game continues until it has more than 2-3 years worth of content, along with an endless progression system [Inferno Mode] after the final ascension.

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-14-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 06:14 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Rovian - 02-14-2015, 07:50 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-14-2015, 08:57 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-16-2015, 05:45 AM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-15-2015, 01:13 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Ray - 02-15-2015, 05:58 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - WhiteK - 02-15-2015, 07:54 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Rovian - 02-15-2015, 09:14 PM
RE: Multiple Accounts & Scripting - Skream - 02-21-2015, 04:48 PM